MM Windows - Sync to Ipods - songs incomplete (truncated)

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

wfb_vegas

MM Windows - Sync to Ipods - songs incomplete (truncated)

Post by wfb_vegas »

Hello,

I have a Media Monkey for Windows setup, all the music is on a USB RAID. Music plays fine (and completely) when being played off of this device.

When I sync to an Ipod, with a SD card upgrade, some of the music is incomplete - cuts off prior to the end of the song.

These same songs play in their entirety on Windows

I thought it "could" be a bad SD card - I have two other Ipods - which have their original hard drives. No issues with them using iTunes...
they also have songs "cut off" different songs - different times...

Once again, those songs play properly on my Windows computer / Media Monkey

Any tips? Suggestions? Help???
Lowlander

Re: MM Windows - Sync to Ipods - songs incomplete (truncated)

Post by Lowlander »

You should check with Auto-Conversion settings in the Device Profile in MediaMonkey. Perhaps the files are being converted on sync which may be causing problems. If so, you can try a conversion on the PC itself with MediaMonkey and see if you can reproduce.

Can you copy one of the affected files back to the PC? If so, does it still cut-off on playback?
wfb_vegas

Post by wfb_vegas »

Hi,

sorry for the delays in getting back. Been rather occupied.

I re-formatted the SD card in the computer. Then iTunes formated / prepared the iPod for use.

Synchronized the files. This time I did not have any conversion options turned on.

The audio files varied in either 192kb, up to 256kb (which I understand the iPod can handle)

Still getting truncated songs on playback.

I was able to use MM to play the songs from the original location (external USB Drive) - the ones that ended on the iPod played in their entirety here.
I copied 4-5 songs that were affected FROM the iPod SD card, to the computer - those played properly.

any further insight - or suggestions appreciated!

thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It might a problem on the iPod side. Copying the files to the SD without using MediaMonkey should result in the same truncation if it isn't MediaMonkey.
spiky

Post by spiky »

This also happens from time to time on my SD card under Android. Some songs are truncated - fine on the computer.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you can locate two songs when played together always truncate, can you please UL them somewhere and send me download link in PM?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts