Problems adding CD tracks to MM!

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Steve_NZ

Problems adding CD tracks to MM!

Post by Steve_NZ »

I have MM version 4.1.21.1875 and have a very strange problem. Freedb finds the tracks names and all data are displayed correctly but when I try to rip to my MM database on the PC, they want to be copied to a totally different (previous) folder and all the track names are given the same name. I suspect this is connected with the failure of some tracks to synchronise with my playlist on my Fiio X1 v2.
I'm pretty sure I could overcome that using eg. iTunes to rip CDs and then getting MM to manage my database but I would prefer not to do that! Any suggestions?
Lowlander

Re: Problems adding CD tracks to MM!

Post by Lowlander »

Folder and tracknames come from the Destination Mask you set in the Rip Dialog. You may want to check the Mask to make sure it is correct.

Masks: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ormats/4.0
Steve_NZ

Post by Steve_NZ »

Hi there and thank you for that link. I have no idea how those settings got corrupted but that has sorted out importing songs from CDs. I've also managed to figure out why some of the songs on the playlists were not working so now I am a "happy chappie"! Cheers :)
infionloop

Post by infionloop »

Steve_NZ wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:06 pm I have MM version 4.1.21.1875 and have a very strange problem. Freedb finds the tracks names and all data are displayed correctly but when I try to rip to my MM database on the PC, they want to be copied to a totally different (previous) folder and all the track names are given the same name. I suspect this is connected with the failure of some tracks to synchronise with my playlist on my Fiio X1 v2..
I'm pretty sure I could overcome that using eg. iTunes to rip CDs and then getting MM to manage my database but I would prefer not to do that! Any suggestions?
Hi there and thank you for that link. I have no idea how those settings got corrupted but that has sorted out importing songs from CDs. I've also managed to figure out why some of the songs on the playlists were not working so now I am a "happy chappie"! Cheers :)