Volume leveling for FLAC files

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

fchauvire

Volume leveling for FLAC files

Post by fchauvire »

Hi,

I use MMW 4.1.23.1881 (portable mode) together with MMA pro 1.3.2.0824. Almost all my music files are encoded in FLAC on my NAS and got their volume level analyzed with the "Analyze Volume" option as I wanted to keep my files unmodified. As I read somewhere on the forum that the playback leveling does not work with FLAC files, I checked the "level volume when synchronizing audio" option to get only mp3 files on my mobiles. However, when listening to the volume leveled tracks on my mobile, the sound level differs significantly between songs (up to 30%).

Did I miss something ?

I uploaded screenshots of my "Auto conversion" and "Volume leveling" parameters here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Thank you for your answer
--
Fabien
Lowlander

Re: Volume leveling for FLAC files

Post by Lowlander »

MMA can apply leveling from the Track Volume value of files, so no need to level them.

Based on settings files should be synced leveled to the device. Maybe disable the option to level volume from the MMA Options?
fchauvire

Post by fchauvire »

Thank you for your quick answer.

I already unchecked the "Level volume" option in MMA and it did not solve my problem. I would be pleased to help you investigate this issue as it is really annoying to have up to 30% volume difference when running with MMA playing through my earphones :roll:

What kind of information should I provide to help you sort out this issue?

Thanks
--
Fabien
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

How exactly did you sync the files to your device and did you maybe sync them prior to enabling Volume Leveling in the Device Profile?
fchauvire

Post by fchauvire »

I already thought the synchronization would not necessarily re-sync previously synchronized files following the activation of the "volume leveling" option. So I deleted all the files on my mobile and uninstalled/reinstalled MMA before starting a fresh sync. It did not solve my problem.

Would that be OK if I pick up two files with a big volume difference during playback and send them to you?

Fabien
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can upload them to a file share site (like Dropbox) and add the link to them to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/Support