Pioneer XDP-02U - Will MM work with it?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

gdwelker

Pioneer XDP-02U - Will MM work with it?

Post by gdwelker »

Hi,

I have a Pioneer XDP-02U, and am looking for music software to run on my PC to make playlists, manage my music, etc and sync with the device. Pioneer provides X-DAP Link for syncing, which is the clunkiest software I have ever used for a player. While I can upload the music files into the player using just about any file transfer, I can not transfer playlists unless they are in the X-DAP link. Will MM work for this device?
Lowlander

Re: Pioneer XDP-02U - Will MM work with it?

Post by Lowlander »

You may have to try if you didn't find any posts on this device on the forum. Note that you can configure how Playlists are synced in most cases.
gdwelker

Post by gdwelker »

thanks. Not sure I want to drop the $ just to find out....
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Based on https://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/site ... _SV_RU.pdf Playlists should be supported, only bad thing is that Sample one should be obtained in order to see exact settings like Lowlander said.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can start with the free version to try if it works.
gdwelker

Post by gdwelker »

I can load songs with MM to the XDP, and MM can see it. And I can copy playlists to it, but when I try to add the playlist to the listings once it is in the XDP I get "an error occurred" message. So far, the only way I have been able to add playlists is via Xdaplink. Any suggestions? I really like MM, but if I can't move playlists that function in the XDP, well.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
From Manual:

Code: Select all

Loading playlists
Load the playlist files transferred to the built-in storage of this unit or to a micro SD card to use as the playlist for this unit.
This unit can load m3u, m3u8, pls, and wpl format playlist files.
As I replied to you at https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 90#p454990 it is just matter of playlist settings that best work for you and MMW should support it without problems. If not and new format of playlist is found we will be glad to make it supported.
Best regards,
Peke
gdwelker

Post by gdwelker »

ok, so playing around some more trying to get MM to work with the Pioneer XDP-02U. MM will transfer music, and transfers playlists, but the 02U will not recognize the playlists. I have tried:

1. M3U with and without UTF-8 and extended M3U, separately and together
2. M3U8 with and without UTF-8 and extended M3U, separately and together

After moving the playlist to the 02U I go into Import Playlist File and the playlist shows up. I select it for import, and in the eight cases above, I get the error "No playable file found in playlist file". I have tried moving the playlist into the XDAPLink folder that the device creates, and get the same result.

Any advice?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
The most crucial thing is using Linux "/" and relative path (Must be enabled) where you will save to Music Root folder or to Root Folder of SDCard.

Error you get is due the path not recognized by 02U.

For test set Music destination Path to \ (instead of music\) and playlist path to \ (instead of playlists) and then try to sync using these options. Also to test if playlist works Double click on Playlist in Explorer and it should play it.
Best regards,
Peke