[SOLVED] Eliminate text for file location using Auto-Sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

tomt39

[SOLVED] Eliminate text for file location using Auto-Sync

Post by tomt39 »

I am using a portable SSD for my music playback in my car. I have a new Kenwood receiver, but the library is large enough it always has trouble indexing by "Artist". Fortunately, it also displays files by Folder. Mediamonkey 4's sync feature has worked great with this. However, it has created one problem. Mediamonkey disregards "The" at the beginning of "Artist" names, but all the folders created of artists with "The" at the beginning of their artist name creates a folder beginning with "The". This makes it very difficult to remember which artists use it, and which don't. I'm looking for a way to eliminate the word from the folder creation.

For example, for music my "Sync files to" is: \Music\<Artist>\<Year> - <Album>\<Track#>-<Title>
In the storage location it looks like this:
\Music
\Rush
1976 - 2112
02 - A Passage to Bangkok

This is wonderful. I open the Folder location. My artists are alphabetical. I open that folder and all the albums are displayed by year released, and in that folder the tracks are listed by number. Perfect!
However, if the Artist uses "The" I end up with this:
\Music
The Wallflowers
1996 - Bringing Down the Horse
01 - One Headlight

I end up with tens of artists that I have to find under "The" instead of alphabetically.
I realize I could just eliminate "The" in my Entire Library. But frankly, I prefer to leave Artist names the way they intended it, and the way Mediamonkey manages it. I just need a workaround for my dumb car head unit.

Is there a way to order Mediamonkey to ignore that word in the sync script that creates the file location?
By the way this is occurring on the Media Tree at the Portable Device/Options/File Locations.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!
Tomt39
Lowlander

Re: Eliminate text for file location using Auto-Sync

Post by Lowlander »

Use $RemovePrefix(<Artist>) to remove The from the Artist folder.

From: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ormats/4.0
tomt39

Re: Eliminate text for file location using Auto-Sync

Post by tomt39 »

You are the man. I was sure the command existed and just couldn't find it. Thank you!
Tomt39