[SOLVED] iPod Touch 3rd gen not recognized

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jeffd

[SOLVED] iPod Touch 3rd gen not recognized

Post by jeffd »

My new to me, but previously owned iPod Touch Gen 3 shows up in Portable Device Sync/Available Devices as iPod Touch. When I select Configure for iPod Touch it shows me my 32GB device. But it will not show up in the MM left-hand menu where my other devices that are recognized show up.

I am running iOS 5.1.1 and using MM 4.1.24.1883.

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: iPod Touch 3rd gen not recognized

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have the desktop version of iTunes installed (required): https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... -touchipod
jeffd

Post by jeffd »

Yes. Sorry I didn't mention that. It is the latest iTunes version recently installed, and it recognizes the 3rd Gen Touch and transfers just fine. I have the 3 Apple services (Ipod, Apple Mobile Device and Bonjour) running.

I saw an older reference to a 3rd party Apple Mobile Device product. Is that a viable substitute?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which device plugin (dll) is the Device Profile using and are you sure it isn't disabled in the settings for the Device Profile?
jeffd

Post by jeffd »

Great catch. It was listed, and as I said, I had clicked on it and seen that it was connected, but the box to the left was unchecked. I checked the box, and all is well now. Thanks a million!