Installation Packages [MM3]

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Big_Berny

Re: Installation Packages [MM3]

Post by Big_Berny »

Any news about updateurl?
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

ZvezdanD wrote:MM developers, I think your installation process has a bug if there is some Install.vbs file in same folder as .mmip file. For example, if I have Install.vbs from RegExp Find & Replace script in same folder as MagicNodes.mmip, when I click on this .mmip file it is executed RegExp's Install.vbs, instead of Install.vbs from the MagicNodes.mmip.
Thank you, we were able to reproduce, this will be fixed in the next release.
Note: This bug occurs only if you double-click the MMIP file before MM starts. If you firstly start MM and then double-click MMIP then there is not the problem.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

One more thing. I think that MM should automatically remove old version of some script, i.e. it should start Uninstall.vbs before installation of the new version of same script. Well, I tried to put

Code: Select all

[Execute]
File=Uninstall.vbs

[Execute]
File=Install.vbs
into Install.ini, but Uninstall.vbs is not executed, only Install.vbs. So, I need to put same code from Uninstall.vbs into Install.vbs on its begin.

I am also interested about UpdateURL. And one question - what should be done to enable the Options button in the Extensions dialog box when I select my script?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

ZvezdanD wrote:One more thing. I think that MM should automatically remove old version of some script, i.e. it should start Uninstall.vbs before installation of the new version of same script. Well, I tried to put

[Execute]
File=Uninstall.vbs

[Execute]
File=Install.vbs
into Install.ini, but Uninstall.vbs is not executed, only Install.vbs. So, I need to put same code from Uninstall.vbs into Install.vbs on its begin.

I am also interested about UpdateURL. And one question - what should be done to enable the Options button in the Extensions dialog box when I select my script?
1. Yes, there was a tweak in performing of [Execute] and [Copy] sections in Install.ini, this will be fixed in the next release. i.e.

[Execute]
File=Uninstall.vbs

[Execute]
File=Install.vbs
is going to work right.

2. Re: The update URL, you have to include VersionMajor, VersionMinor, VersionRelease, VersionBuild and
UpdateURL to your Install.ini. In order to find out how this works try this example script:
<invalid link>
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Ludek wrote:Re: The update URL, you have to include VersionMajor, VersionMinor, VersionRelease, VersionBuild and
UpdateURL to your Install.ini. In order to find out how this works try this example script:
<invalid link>
Thanks for your answers. If I understand correctly after looking this example I need to specify the URL address of my mmip file, right? I though it should be a way to specify some html or xml file where MM could check which the latest version of the script is available before installing it.

You didn't answer me what should I do to enable the Options button. I have already implemented the Options sheet in my script and I suppose that this button is intended to display this sheet.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

ZvezdanD wrote:Thanks for your answers. If I understand correctly after looking this example I need to specify the URL address of my mmip file, right? I though it should be a way to specify some html or xml file where MM could check which the latest version of the script is available before installing it.

that is just what it is to be used for the url to find the new versions. but that url was to be the host site from mediamonkeys host site which as of yet is not online and ready for us to host the scripts and skins there.

you could put your own web site there. but when they get theirs ready then you would change to theirs, i just don't want to have to redo that many files which i have for my skins so i'm just not using the url until they get the host site online and ready. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

rovingcowboy wrote:you could put your own web site there. but when they get theirs ready then you would change to theirs
It doesn't matter if this URL address is from my site or theirs. My point is that this URL links to the mmip file. So, when some user clicks on the Find updates button in the Extension dialog box, MM needs to download this mmip file, unzip it and check its ini file if version of the script is higher then existing (if it check that at all). I think it could be better if this URL links to some textual file which could contain only information about latest version, because download would be faster. In such way MM could periodically check if there is newer versions of installed scripts in same time when it checks for program update.

By the way, I tried to specify URL address of the mmip file on my site, but when I click on the Find updates button, MM displays "No Update Server Available".
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

strange i thought it should have taken you to your site.?

I'm not sure how they are planning the host site, i had thought we would post the file with the preview and information like we do on the wiki screenshots, where the script would then check the installed version numbers against the ones on the host site preview.

but not sure about that? :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I imagine (although I have no official information on this) that there will be a central database which scripters will update to say that there is a new version of their script available and MM will check this when the button is clicked and if there is an update then it will follow the url to get the file. As I say, this is only a guess though! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

The URL is XML and should look like this:
<invalid link>
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Ludek wrote:The URL is XML and should look like this:
<invalid link>
does that mean you and rusty and jiri or who ever else is working on the host site have it close to finished?
since you got this url or is this just an example url ? :o
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Ludek wrote:The URL is XML and should look like this:
<invalid link>
Now, this is something new. Thank you for information! I just tried and it works almost perfectly. I installed a script which has version 1.1.0.0 and put xml file on my site which has specified version 1.1.1.0. After I clicked the Find updates button, MM displays

1.1.1 No Update Available
Via: http://solair.eunet.yu/~zvezdand/InvertSelection.mmip
If I understand correctly, it should display Update Available since 1.1.1 is newer than 1.1. When I click on the Install update button, the new version of the script is installed correctly, but version in the Extensions dialog is not displayed immediately after that, but only after closing and reopening dialog.

You still didn't answer me what should we do to enable the Options button.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

That link is broken for me :(
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Right... The XML-link seems to be broken... :-?
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Here is its contents:

<SoftwareVersion>
 <VersionMajor>1</VersionMajor>
 <VersionMinor>0</VersionMinor>
 <VersionRelease>2</VersionRelease>
 <VersionBuild>2</VersionBuild>
 <UpdateURL>[direct link to plugin installation mmip]</UpdateURL>
</SoftwareVersion>