Installation Packages [MM3]

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Big_Berny

Re: Installation Packages [MM3]

Post by Big_Berny » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:37 am

No problem! :)
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 am

Getting back on subject...

1) It is a little annoying that the update url needs to be entirely lowercase - could this not be mixed case? Would certainly make my life easier!

2) I cannot get MM to say anything other than "No Update Server Available" despite the fact that going to my update url in a browser returns the following, which I believe to be correct:

Code: Select all

<SoftwareVersion>
<VersionMajor>5</VersionMajor>
<VersionMinor>1</VersionMinor>
<VersionRelease>0</VersionRelease>
<VersionBuild>0</VersionBuild>
<UpdateURL>http://trixmoto.net/files/Backup51.mmip</UpdateURL>
</SoftwareVersion>
Any one got any ideas what's going wrong?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Send me BTC: 34VQPVsf9mCeR4nfhFvvBYZqQ7LkqNZ8Mn
Send me LTC: 3P1mzrfbyscdhbxRpXLgKz7tufGAU3SrEG
Send me DOGE: 9xPpYSqgF7P5yQiqvE1VqWb4UjxVCCLFJ6
Check out these great cryptocurrency faucets... BTC / LTC / DOGE

Bex

Post by Bex » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:41 pm

Perhaps the capital B in the update url?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:15 pm

trixmoto wrote:1) It is a little annoying that the update url needs to be entirely lowercase - could this not be mixed case? Would certainly make my life easier!
My UpdateURL in XML file has mixed case and it seems that it works correctly.
trixmoto wrote:2) I cannot get MM to say anything other than "No Update Server Available"
Have you specified an address of XML file with UpdateURL in Install.ini file? Have you tried to install a script with such Install.ini file and after that to click on the Find updates button?
Magic Nodes 4.3.2/5.1 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.8/5.1  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1/5.3.6  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7/4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3/2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:19 am

Sorry, the mixed case I was referring to was in the UpdateURL in the Install.ini file - although it had an uppercase B in it as you install the script it tells you the update url and on this information popup it is lowercase. I've re-written my .php file so that now case is not an issue, but despite the Install.ini file pointing to my .php file, I still get the "No server available" message.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:18 am

Well I tried to create a debug log to see if this yielded any information, unfortunately the messaging was about as vague as it gets...

[5924] Extensions: getting information about installed products.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:28 am

UpdateURL inside of the Install.ini should point to the XML file. UpdateURL inside of the XML file currently could only point to the MMIP file. I have mixed case in UpdateURL both in Install.ini and XML file without problems.
Magic Nodes 4.3.2/5.1 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.8/5.1  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1/5.3.6  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7/4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3/2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2

gege

Post by gege » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:18 pm

ZvezdanD wrote:I just tried and it works almost perfectly. I installed a script which has version 1.1.0.0 and put xml file on my site which has specified version 1.1.1.0. After I clicked the Find updates button, MM displays

1.1.1 No Update Available
Via: http://solair.eunet.yu/~zvezdand/InvertSelection.mmip
If I understand correctly, it should display Update Available since 1.1.1 is newer than 1.1. When I click on the Install update button, the new version of the script is installed correctly, but version in the Extensions dialog is not displayed immediately after that, but only after closing and reopening dialog.
Yeah, I can confirm this bug. The Extension Manager always says "No Update Available", even when THERE IS an update available. The "Install update" button is correctly enabled, though. Hitting it, the extension is installed, BUT its version number is not updated immediately in Extension Manager listing, as ZvezdanD has pointed out.

@trixmoto: I have found no problem at all with Mixed Case...
FYI, see these snippets of code:

First, I generated a new build with this settings in install.ini:

[Header]
ID=lyricsviewer
Title=Lyrics and Comment Viewer
Description=Shows Lyrics and Comment stored in ID3 tag
VersionMajor=2
VersionMinor=0
VersionRelease=0
VersionBuild=0
Type=script
UpdateURL=http://gervasioantonio.googlepages.com/LyricsAndCommentViewer.xml
...and then I installed it. (Now, the Extension Manager KNOWS where to look for updates)

Then I created a new build with these settings:

[Header]
ID=lyricsviewer
Title=Lyrics and Comment Viewer
Description=Shows Lyrics and Comment stored in ID3 tag
VersionMajor=2
VersionMinor=0
VersionRelease=1
VersionBuild=0
Type=script
UpdateURL=http://gervasioantonio.googlepages.com/LyricsAndCommentViewer.xml
...and also created LyricsAndCommentViewer.xml file with this content:

<SoftwareVersion>
  <VersionMajor>2</VersionMajor>
  <VersionMinor>0</VersionMinor>
  <VersionRelease>1</VersionRelease>
  <VersionBuild>0</VersionBuild>
  <UpdateURL>http://gervasioantonio.googlepages.com/LyricsAndCommentViewer2.0.1-Install.mmip</UpdateURL>
</SoftwareVersion>
Then I uploaded MMIP and XML files, went back to Extension Manager and hit Find Updates.
This message was shown:

2.0.1 No Update Available Via: http://gervasioantonio.googlepages.com/LyricsAndCommentViewer2.0.1-Install.mmip
Hitting Install Update, it was correctly downloaded and installed.

So, it looks like we have only two problems:
- Wrong "No Update Available" message; and
- Version number not refreshing immediately after an update in the Extension Manager listing.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:25 am

That's exactly what I've done, except the UpdateURL in my INI file points to a PHP page which dynamically builds the XML file. I might have to play around with an actual XML file for now and see if I can get that working first. :-?

flashk

Post by flashk » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:05 pm

nohitter151 wrote:As far as I know MM was designed this way so that extensions would be common to all users.
In that case I would like to request a new feature :D

It would be cool if each user could have their own auto scripts folder in their user directory. MM would then load all the auto scripts in the app AND user directory on startup.

This would allow a new {user} constant for installation packages, which would allow the extension to install scripts/files in the user directory. Example:

[Copy]
Src=script.vbs
Tgt={user}\scripts\auto\script.vbs
This would allow extensions to be installed without needing admin privileges and would not change existing behavior.

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:42 pm

nohitter151 wrote:As far as I know MM was designed this way so that extensions would be common to all users.
If this is the case then it has a major design flaw :(
Most scripts require mediamonkey.ini entries (added when installed, removed when uninstalled) some also modify/add to the database
Both of these are installed, by default, per user.
So common extensions makes no sense at all because for the scripts to work it has to be installed multiple times anyway, PER USER.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 am

MoDementia wrote:If this is the case then it has a major design flaw :(
Yeah, I had too much trouble and spent too much time enabling my scripts to be able for multiple users to independently configure them.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:01 am

When my update URL points to a physical file...

http://trixmoto.net/mm/backup.xml

...then when I click on "Find Updates" I get the new version number and a message saying "No Update Available". This is rather strange but at least when I click the "Install Update" button it does install the new version. However, when my update URL points to a dynamically built file...

http://trixmoto.net/mm/check.php?f=backup

...then when I click on "Find Updates" I get a message saying "No Update Server Available", even though the dynamically built file is identical (as far as I can tell!) to the physical file. Anyone got any ideas?

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:08 am

alert messages in mediamonkey are not set to proper terms? thats the best i can think of :-?

i'm not going to do this since i'm on a free host they won't allow this linking in to get the update.
so i'll just wait until they get the main site ready for us.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

gege

Post by gege » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:06 am

trixmoto wrote:When my update URL points to a physical file...

http://trixmoto.net/mm/backup.xml

...then when I click on "Find Updates" I get the new version number and a message saying "No Update Available". This is rather strange but at least when I click the "Install Update" button it does install the new version. However, when my update URL points to a dynamically built file...

http://trixmoto.net/mm/check.php?f=backup

...then when I click on "Find Updates" I get a message saying "No Update Server Available", even though the dynamically built file is identical (as far as I can tell!) to the physical file. Anyone got any ideas?
trixmoto, just out of curiosity I clicked on the links you provided and... guess what... browsers don't show the same thing in each case.
When clicking on the link to the physical XML, either in IE or Firefox, browser "knows" it is an XML and shows its entire contents.
But, when clicking on the link to dynamically generated content, both browsers interpret all the contents as ordinary HTML, simply ignoring some "invalid HTML tags"
ImageImage
I really don't know the meaning of this, but maybe URLs NEED to end with ".xml" in order to be interpreted as a proper XML...