Android sync with mediamonkey

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Psyker7

Re: Android sync with mediamonkey

Post by Psyker7 »

Oh ho.
You didn't mention it had skip count in my thread! This has interested me much more now :P
Unfortunately it's 11.25 at night here, so it will have to wait until tomorrow if I can find some time to see what can be done here.

(as an aside: I wish I could find an android player that does album shuffle...)
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

yes! :lol:
I'm in contact with the dev of PlayerPro, I'll ask him about album shuffle!
Looking forward to tomorrow now! :lol:
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Aff

Post by Aff »

Is there any news?
I'm considering integrating PlayerPro play count support into my SyncBackRatings script.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

Aff wrote:Is there any news?
I'm considering integrating PlayerPro play count support into my SyncBackRatings script.
ahh, i do love the MM forum alerts! they arrive once or twice a year and still we have no progress on this....

I gave up in the end. The PlayerPro Dev put the bits in that we need and these are stored in an xml file on the phone. What is the script you have? i'm not familiar with it. Please tell me this will read the xml from playerpro and move the playcounts and skips back to MM (please, please!) :D
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Aff

Post by Aff »

PlayerPro can export in iTunes or Songbird (well, in fact the RatingFile add-on) format. But in iTunes format it is necessary to do an import first, otherwise the export is always empty. There is no TrackID in Songbird format as there is no import from MM.
As you may have seen, my Sync Back Ratings script uses Songbird format, mainly because no import is needed from MM.
Gadgeton

Post by Gadgeton »

Are there any plans from the MM devs to implement better android syncing? More specifically keeping tracking of podcast/audiobook play counts among multiple players. I don't like player pro, and I find mortplayer audiobook a much better tool.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

i've completely given up on this. MM devs said they would implement it and never did. the half baked solution with player pro/import script just never seems to work for me. I've spent far too long attempting to get this to work, and to make matters worse player pro now has AVRCP1.3 support, which has completely broken last.fm scrobbling... so now i've gone backwards...

I really don't get why people don't think having decent music sync isn't important. :oops:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey is still working on its own Android Player.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

not exactly, some school kid is trying to write it and says:
Ok, so first the disappointing news, of course as soon as I started planning this application I got swamped by schoolwork and regular work, so there is actually very little done on the project. I still have a lot to learn about Android development itself. So I wholeheartedly apologize if I got anyone's hopes up, etc. I got in way too far over my head and while I don't plan on not doing this it is certainly not going to be done anytime soon. This summer I plan on at least getting some alpha stuff working but then in the fall I'll be starting my first year at the University of Guelph for Software Engineering so we'll see how much I get done. Again I'm deeply sorry if I mislead anyone in my abilities, or the progress of this application
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1047871

doesn't really fill you with hope does it? :cry: unless of course you are talking about an official app?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm talking about one from MediaMonkey.
Aff

Post by Aff »

zombiefly wrote:(...)the half baked solution with player pro/import script just never seems to work for me. (...)
You could send me your debug log to find out what's going wrong in your case (as I suggested earlier). It can easily be activated in version 1.5 via options. Moreover it can import play stats from MM to PlayerPro now.

Apart from that I totally agree that it's a not very elegant workaround and that the official Android app with fully automatic synchronisation is awaited eagerly.