External Equalizer @ RS232 Port

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Viper2000

External Equalizer @ RS232 Port

Post by Viper2000 »

Hello,

i want to develop a small microcontroller driven Equalizer application. I want to connect a small Microcontroller via RS232 Port to my PC. This Microcontroller drives a 8-band LED Equalizer. As i´ve seen, at the bottom right of the MM Windows there is such an Equalizer but only with 8-band. My question is: Is it possible to wirte a script or a Visualization plugin that can make use of RS232 an of dte EQ Date from MM.

My Idea is to send EQ Date really fast to the Microcontroller, so that the external LED Equalizer runs near at realtime without a big delay.

So if someone can help me i will be really happy :)

Sorry for my bad english. I´m a german guy! :D

Viper 8)
Peke

Re: External Equalizer @ RS232 Port

Post by Peke »

I'm Not Sure that RS232 is good choice nowdays. I have three PCs and only one have COM Port onboard. High-End Mobos mostly do not have them too.

I would rather go with direct USB -> COM -> EQ solution or USB -> TTL http://rdist.root.org/2008/10/29/diy-us ... l-adapter/

I think that only DSP plugins can retrieve Winamp EQ Data but I'm not sure 100% I noticed that EQ data is passed to plugins. Check Winamp SDK and see what can be done.

BTW i wonder why do you need EQ Control as most of people switch to WASAPI and ASIO so that their actual music hardware do the Sound polishing?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts