MM Android Player

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

rovingcowboy

Re: MM Android Player

Post by rovingcowboy »

Watch here and in the beta forum test version threads. And they said it will be for all android versions in a previous post to this thread. 8)
Beta must be close to release they got main desktop mm to work with mma to sync, in the last update.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Really close, few Sync tweaks are hammered with JB 4.2, and it looks like we are ready to go.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Nicthalon

Post by Nicthalon »

Peke wrote:Really close, few Sync tweaks are hammered with JB 4.2, and it looks like we are ready to go.
Nice! Just in time for me to install it on my Nexus 4... whenever it gets out of backorder and actually ships >.<
Andulien

Post by Andulien »

Peke wrote:Really close, few Sync tweaks are hammered with JB 4.2, and it looks like we are ready to go.
I sure am quite excited for this release. Looking forward to seeing what you build there, what features you put into your MMA :D
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

I am giddy with excitement over this one.

Any ideas on pricing model yet?
canedha

Post by canedha »

Hi,

any news on this since it's so close? :)
and could you tell us, where it will be published or where we have to look for the release?

Thanx for the good work,
canedha
jiri

Post by jiri »

Someone will definitely post a notice in this thread after a release...

As for timing, as I wrote earlier, I don't want to make any predictions anymore. That said, our bug tracking system has currently only 1 item blocking the beta release. This might change, so we'll see... ;-)

Jiri
misplacedamerican

Post by misplacedamerican »

Jiri,

Don't let the noise throw you off, we are all very happy to be getting updates and really appreciate the work you and your team are doing. How does the statement go, patience are a virtue? Or all good things come to those who wait?

Mediamonkey has been the top of the music management software for quite some time, we look forward to it matching that claim for portable devices as well. Long live Mediamonkey!
canedha

Post by canedha »

jiri wrote:Someone will definitely post a notice in this thread after a release...

As for timing, as I wrote earlier, I don't want to make any predictions anymore. That said, our bug tracking system has currently only 1 item blocking the beta release. This might change, so we'll see... ;-)

Jiri
Hi Jiri,

good to get updates from the devs :)
don't get the people wrong, when they complain about the release date, but they are eager waiting for it and then devs imho make the mistake of feeding their eagerness.
i think it's not a problem making release date predictions, as everybody knows and understands when thing don't go the way the devs want them to go, but it's essentially to communicate where the problems are. a bigger problem is to give people the feeling as if it's very very close but yet not ready. this is the same as showing a baby a lolly but always taking it away when they try to grab it, e.g. saying there's only one problem left makes people think, ok a couple of days maybe tomorrow, because they don't know how big the problem is...
the best way (as i think) would be to make predictions that are realistic (e.g. let's say okay we have 1 item left, big problem -> should be 1 week,or sall prob -> exspect the release tomorrow... if you can't solve the prob in time, tell the people, but then say i don't want to make any predictions when we will be ready... (as you now do, but leave the "we are sooooo close"-part ;) )

thanks for the nice work,
canedha
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Yeah knowing your close is nice for us long time users we understand more then the recent members of the troop, but they will come around some time, or they will just leave and take their bad feelings to the chat rooms and web forums telling negative things about mm, but then whats a few hundred posts in negative rants going to do, make 20 people never try mm? I mean thats only 20 not any thing to worry about, but one of those might make a post that 20,000 read and 5,000 of them dont try mm, but mm will survive for us that use it now just wont be getting new users is all. :wink:

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
moonglow

Post by moonglow »

Is the bug tracker public? Cause it seems like its gotten more complicated than expected. I guess I'm not as patient as everyone else, or am judging the start date from years ago. I mean why does every freaking developer start with iOS support!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No iOS App exists or is being worked on to my knowledge so MediaMonkey started first with Android and it will be done when it is done.
canedha

Post by canedha »

yeah thats what i say too:

IT'S DONE, WHEN IT'S DONE :)

but to write: we are soooo close... only one (tiny) bug left... just amplifies the anticipations of everyone unneccessarily...

a public bug tracker would be awesome! i second that :)

Post by Guest »

I don't think the comparison to iOS support was entirely fair, although I think I see where he was coming from as MediaMonkey does update to cater for changes to iOS pretty sharpish. But it is after all a closed system and as lowlander pointed out there isn't and never has been a specific app for it, just that the stock apple player syncs with a lot of functionality such as play count updates and ratings changes that us android users have had to do without.

I know people will point to Player Pro, and if it supported half stars I would have used it ages ago instead of not always patiently waiting for a proper app from the developers here. Just I and I'm guessing a lot of people here have been waiting a long time for MediaMonkey not just being the best desktop media application, but have the ability to be taken anywhere. I've been longing for ages for an app that stops me having to sit in front of a pc to manage my library.

Here's hoping it's done by Christmas lol.

Adrian.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Android uses standard MTP (or USB Mass), thus has always been supported and generally works for most devices. iOS however requires it's own methods and thus needs to be build into MediaMonkey specifically and as it's closed without documentation and changed on each version to break sync it takes a bit of work to add. Where complaints about Android sync arise they are addressed, but whereas there are a only a few iOS devices there are many Android devices. Thus any fixing heavily depends on users debug logs and help.