Problem updating Song's Custom fields via SQL.

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Barry4679

Problem updating Song's Custom fields via SQL.

Post by Barry4679 »

Hi, I am developing a facility which needs to store some data in MM's sqlite database. Along with everybody else I have struggled with the roll-your-own IUNICODE collation format used by MM.

I have read the posts here and discovered how to sprinkle COLLATE NOCASE liberally to get the selects to work, but I am having no success at all with UPDATE queries to MM's text fields. I can store data into integer fields without problem.

MM have given us 5 CUSTOM fields, but they all have IUNICODE collation making them difficult to use.

Wouldn't be a good idea to have a couple of standard custom text fields so we could easily use them programmatically? Some custom integer fields, and some at the Artist and Album table level would be good too.

Has anybody been able to update these IUNICODE fields via SQL? I am using Python. I saw a post showing how to create a IUNICODE collation function and attach it my database in python, but this still didn't enable me to update the MM text fields ('no such module: FTS3'').

Neither can I see how to recreate the Songs table so that I can remove IUNICODE collation from a couple of the Custom fields so that I can use them.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks for reading.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.