Artist Slideshow as a visualization plugin

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

turhank

Artist Slideshow as a visualization plugin

Post by turhank »

Hello all,

I would be very much interested in using an artist slideshow visualization plugin for Mediamonkey. What I have in mind is similar to last.fm radio's artist slideshow or xbmc's artist slideshow plugin. It could use images directly from google (so some faulty photos are inevitable), or from last.fm or similar websites. Unluckily I have no experience in mediamonkey plugin coding, and I have to admit I don't have the time to learn it (Yeah, I know it's lame). I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested in implementing this idea. I have my hopes this could be a not-so-time-consuming task for many experienced coders in this forum, if they also would be interested in the idea. Wouldn't it be nice to have your playlist on, with your guests at the party seeing the images of the artist?

Thanks for reading the post. I hope some of you guys might consider it.

All the best,
Turi
gamb

Re: Artist Slideshow as a visualization plugin

Post by gamb »

I am looking for the same. Maybe not finding images in lastfm site or google but reading them from a local folder connected to the file that is currently being played (using a ID3 tag field for the path, or a user defined ID field of some kind ?). Please, generous smart and programming competent people... get the challenge. :)
anonymust

Re: Artist Slideshow as a visualization plugin

Post by anonymust »

OMG OMG! I so want this feature also :)

I save all my album art manually*, and would SOOOO love to see the album art for my songs.

But What about songs that have no art? A blank screen would suck.....

*manually meaning I edit all my tags myself, and find me the album cover with a 600 x 600pixel for albums , 500x500 for mixtapes, and 400x400 for singles
"MediaMonkey is the shizzle my nizzle" - Snoop Dogg