Getting the contents of a SDBTreeNode?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Degeim

Getting the contents of a SDBTreeNode?

Post by Degeim »

I am connecting to MediaMonkey through the COM interface like this: SDBA = new SongsDB.SDBApplication();

Now, I would like to navigate through the nodes of the main tree, but I can't figure out how to get deeper than one layer. For instance, SDBA.MainTree.Node_Album gives me the album node, but how can I find the child nodes of that? And if I finally reach the bottom of the hierarchy, how do I find the tracks that are listed when this node is selected?

I am aware that I can find albums using better functions than this, but my goal isn't the albums, that's just an example. I am trying to replicate the entire tree structure, and find songs located inside a tree node.

Any suggestions?
trixmoto

Re: Getting the contents of a SDBTreeNode?

Post by trixmoto »

There are various methods you can use to traverse the tree, including FirstChildNode, LastChildNode, NextNode and NextSiblingNode, depending on exactly what you're trying to do.

Once you have the right node, you can use the RelatedObjectID property to get the ID of the album/artist/whatever and then use an SQL command from there.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Degeim

Post by Degeim »

Thanks, but I'd actually tried that, but without any luck. Here's what I've got so far:

Code: Select all

//This is supposed to fetch the node for albums in Collection 1, right?
                    var node = _controller.SDBA.MainTree.get_Node_Album_InCollection(1); 
                    if (node.HasChildren) // Just checking ...
                    {
                        // Getting the first child node, which I guess should be an album node.
                        var curr = _controller.SDBA.MainTree.get_FirstChildNode(node); 
                        while (curr != null)
                        {
                            //Fetch the album from the database using the RelatedObjectID.
                            yield return GetAlbum(curr.RelatedObjectID);
                            //Continue with the next sibling node, which I guess is the next album.
                            curr = _controller.SDBA.MainTree.get_NextSiblingNode(curr);
                        }
                    }
Unfortunately, this is what I get as output from get_Node_Album_InCollection(1): Image (And yes, I know that a collection with ID=1 exists, I've gotten it by enumerating SDBA.Collections.)

As you can see, every value of the variable "node" is null or false, except "HasChildren", which is true. When I try to get the first children node of "node", I get a node exactly like the image, but with "Unknown" instead of "Album".

Any ideas?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm not sure what language you're using, but are you supposed to have "get_" in front of all the methods?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Degeim

Post by Degeim »

That's C#, and yes, that's how the methods show up in the Intellisense (the code completition feature of Visual Studio). There are also indexed properties, allowing me to write it like this instead:

//Note the square brackets, and no "get_"
var node = _controller.SDBA.MainTree.Node_Album_InCollection[1]; 
But there's no difference. I guess one of them is just an overload for the other.

Just to be clear; does the Node_Album_InCollection[id] work as I think? It does give me a node that has all the albums in the given collection as children, right? And to get those children, I need to use MainTree.FirstChildNode[node], and then continue with MainTree.NextSiblingNode[] to get the rest of them? But if so, why don't I get anything?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, I've never used the new "InCollection" methods, but assuming they work the same as the deprecated pre-collection methods, that is how it should work. You may need to expand the node before trying to get the children though, by setting Expanded = True.
Degeim

Post by Degeim »

Thanks for helping me, but unfortunately that was not the solution either. On some of the nodes setting Expanded=true changes Expanded to true (but nothing else changes), while on other nodes, nothing happens at all.

Any ideas?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Nope, not really. This is the code that I have used before for browsing through the tree (eg. in my "Tag Cloud" script)...

Dim tree : Set tree = SDB.MainTree
  Dim node : Set node = tree.Node_Library
  node.Expanded = True
  Set node = tree.FirstChildNode(node)
  Do While ((loop condition) Or (node.Visible = False))      
    node.Expanded = False
    Set node = tree.NextSiblingNode(node)
    'do something    
  Loop
Degeim

Post by Degeim »

Thanks, I converted that to C# and modified it to print the caption of the node, and recurse deeper into the tree. I got this:

Artist & Album Artist
    NULL
Artist
    NULL
Actor
    NULL
Album Artist
    NULL
Composer
    NULL
Author
    NULL
Producer
    NULL
Conductor
    NULL
Director
    NULL
Album
    NULL
Podcast
    NULL
Series
    NULL
Genre
    NULL
Year
    NULL
Original Year
    NULL
Publisher
    NULL
Parental Rating
    NULL
Rating
    NULL
Classification
    Very slow
    Slow
    Moderate
    Fast
    Very fast
Files to Edit
Virtual CD
    NULL
Previews
    NULL
Podcast Directories
    NULL
Subscriptions
    NULL
NULL is printed where .HasChildren is true, but FirstChildNode() returns null anyway for some reason. So it seems I cannot browse the tree as thorough as I was hoping; only Classification gives anything useful. Are you able to get more information than this in your script?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, I don't get null, I get SDBTreeNode objects. I'm not sure why this is not working for you.