Bug with LIKE?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

trixmoto

Bug with LIKE?

Post by trixmoto »

My "ImportM3U" script works by checking the path of tracks in the library against the paths in an M3U file. For example, this...

Code: Select all

SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs WHERE Songs.SongPath LIKE '%\10%The%Blues%Brothers%B%Movie%Box%Car%Blues%'
...which should match with the path ":\Music\The Blues Brothers\Briefcase Full Of Blues (1995)\10_The Blues Brothers_'B' Movie Box Car Blues.mp3". This definitely used to work, but for some reason, it no longer is in the latest version (and maybe a few versions now). However, if I run this command...

SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs WHERE Songs.SongPath LIKE '%Blues%'
...then it does find this track. It looks like you can only have two "%" characters in a LIKE!? :-?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jiri

Re: Bug with LIKE?

Post by jiri »

The currently Like implementation hasn't been changed for quite a long time and yes, it's a little limited. We don't plan to change it atm, but MMW5 (rather early in the development atm) will probably support regular expressions, i.e. will be much more powerful.

Jiri
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

jiri wrote:MMW5 (rather early in the development atm)
:D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

But this definitely used to work, this script would never have worked without that, nor would my RecreateM3U, or quite a few of my other scripts!
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm working around this issue now with syntax like this...

SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs WHERE Songs.SongPath LIKE '%10%' AND Songs.SongPath LIKE '%The%' AND Songs.SongPath LIKE '%Blues%' AND Songs.SongPath LIKE '%Brothers%' AND Songs.SongPath LIKE '%B%' AND Songs.SongPath LIKE '%Movie%' AND Songs.SongPath LIKE '%Box%' AND Songs.SongPath LIKE '%Car%' AND Songs.SongPath LIKE '%Blues%'
It seems to work ok, although obviously the logic is a little different now, as the order of the parts is no longer correct.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2