[MM4] Open song properties dialog from script

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Telco

[MM4] Open song properties dialog from script

Post by Telco »

Hi,

I have written a script to quickly adjust the metadata on large quantities of new songs. I am a bit stuck though on the artwork that may be included/embedded in the MP3 files. I would like to find a way to open the song properties dialog with the artwork tab selected. Preferably, I would even 'pre-press' the search button too.

Is it possible to do this from a script or is there a better way of doing this? I have looked for several other artwork scripts, but I would really like to cut back the number of clicks involved, so none of the existing ones really cut it for me.

Thanks!
trixmoto

Re: [MM4] Open song properties dialog from script

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think there's a way of opening dialog and changing tabs, other than using SendKeys, but I'd have thought this would be a little flaky.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Telco

Post by Telco »

Though I feared as much, I hoped otherwise. Thanks for clarifying this. I will check out and try the SendKeys, thank you for the suggestion!
Peke

Post by Peke »

I'm not sure what you want to do with Artwork?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts