Portable installation

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Portable installation

Postby aabra1 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:44 pm

I am using a portable version as well.
I have a script that I created and it works fine from within MM of the Menu>Tools>Scripts.

It does CreateObject( "SongsDB.SDBApplication" ) without problems from within MM.

Externally it is not working though.

I understand that ActiveX for SongsDB.SDBApplication is not registered but somehow MM creates this object when running script within.

Is there any way to create that object externally from VB or VBS without portable MM running?
by registering some DLL(s) or specifying a path somwhere or placing that script in a specific directory or anythinkg alse that I did not mention.

Re: Portable installation

Postby Just Guessing » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:55 pm

I am pursuing a somewhat related objective, and I just saw a post that MIGHT help:

Note poster describing an entry in the registry, (which of course a portable install won't create). Maybe manual creation of a single registry entry will work? Won't it be nice if its that easy. I'd guess it can be resolved with the registry, though probably not with a single key.
Just Guessing

Return to MediaMonkey 4 Addons developer forum