Scripts & MULTIPLE Instances of MM

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Just Guessing

Scripts & MULTIPLE Instances of MM

Post by Just Guessing »

I need to script the playing of two files AT THE SAME TIME. (I want to create a prolonged sound environment with a playlist of musical tracks overlayed with random soundeffects).

I see this as pretty easy to pull off quite nicely with MediaMonkey, using two 'instances' of MediaMonkey.
The challenge: how to use SongsDB.SDBApplication to talk to different instances of MediaMonkey?

Is this possible?

I tried the obvious and its not this simple, anyway:
Set SDB1 = CreateObject( "SongsDB.SDBApplication")
Set SDB2 = CreateObject( "SongsDB.SDBApplication")

Is there a way to externally connect with the API of PORTABLE installations?

...(Or perhaps, suggestions on multitrack software with scripting capabilities? I REALLY would rather NOT rely on two laptops and a mixer.)
Peke

Re: Scripts & MULTIPLE Instances of MM

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately there is no way to Overlay another sound in MMW you can script effects after few tracks.

For Quick overlay effect back in the days I created http://mmfanbox.x10host.com/mmfanbox/
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Just Guessing

Re: Scripts & MULTIPLE Instances of MM

Post by Just Guessing »

Wow, I thought I'd gotten a glimpse of all the strong scripts out there and yet "Quick Play Keys" and "Audio Monitor" are new to me, and look interesting!

Let me focus on this question;
what would one need to do to externally connect with the API of a PORTABLE installations?? [ normally: Set SDB = CreateObject( "SongsDB.SDBApplication") ]

dozens of challenging registry entries? ...or easier than that?

If that is do-able, then I might try some more experiments toward my goal. I did conclude I could pull off my goal by using a WINAMP install open beside mediamonkey. There are some plugins floating around to gain script access to WINAMP - but I'd MUCH prefer the STRONG scripting capabilities MediaMonkey permits. I just think that once I get results, I'll think of more and more clever ways to have more interesting correlations between the two audio 'sides'. This will leave me longing for "dualing MediaMonkeys"!!