Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

Ah, I'm using APE as my file format and apparently MM might not be able to store the image in the Tag (not all that familiar with APE's tagging limits) but changing the settings to storing a link works.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'm glad that works. In the future maybe MM will handle images in APE files, I don't know.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
GuHu

Post by GuHu »

Agrajag wrote:Ah, I'm using APE as my file format and apparently MM might not be able to store the image in the Tag (not all that familiar with APE's tagging limits) but changing the settings to storing a link works.
Hi,
I'm using mp3-files and flac-files. With mp3-files I store the album art in the tag. With flac-files this does not work, thus the art is stored as a file.

When I use MM for tagging, MM stores the album art in the tags of mp3 files and ask me to store the tags in the folder, if i use flac format.
That works fine for me.

What will be the best option choice with batch art tagger to get the same result?

GuHu
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well you could try storing in both. I assume this will fail to store in the tag for the flac so you'll just get the linked file, but the mp3 file will unfortunately get two copies of the image, one in the tag and one linked.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

What are people doing to deal with links for the "Various Artists" issue?

The Batch is working great when the artist is constant and it's not a compilation album but when you have a situation where you have to find the album art 20 times for the same album because there are two different artists (music stored by artist/album) then it takes 20 manual processes to get MM to link to these 20 identical images.

(BTW, I'd love a "Previous Image" option when you try others and realize the best one was 3 images ago.)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

if your ALBUM ARTIST is set to Various or Various Artists then it works fine.
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

Teknojnky,

What impact does this have? Will I need to re-organize my library?

In other words will changing Album Artist to "Various" be all I need to do or will all such compilations need to be stored in the same physical folder?

Right now each artist has his own folder with the album below that. Thus a compilation album will be found strewn all over the library once or more for each artist involved.

If it's stored in only one location is that going to come with other concessions I should be aware of for other tasks? For example, when sync'ing to an iPod will that art show up for all the artists or just the one where it's stored?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Re-organizing your library, that is entirely up to you.

I can't imagine why anyone would want compilation tracks scattered across a whole library structure, but to each his own.

I would not expect that storing them together would cause any problems, as I would assume that is the most common situation. I've never had any problems with it.

As far as IPOD, I don't know. I don't have one, nor will I ever.

Regarding the album artist, compilations and mediamonkey.

MM uses the album artist to group compilations together in one album. If right now you do not have album artist set to a common artist (ie Various), then you will have a logistically SEPARATE album for each artist.

You can see this by locating the album in the album node, if there is ONE album with the album name (album artist name), then it should be set correctly.

If you have MULTIPLE album names with separate (artist) names, then each of those are independent albums as far as MM is concerned.
GuHu

Post by GuHu »

trixmoto wrote:Can you please PM me details of what your settings were when it didn't work, and what you changed to make it work. These details will hopefully enable jiri to resolve the problem.
FYI: the statistcs-script delivered with MM has also 2 buttons and works very well with big fonts.

GuHu
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I have passed the details onto jiri and he says he's going to fix the problem. So fingers crossed, MM3 will not have these issues.
debu

batch

Post by debu »

sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a way to set this so it doesn't do your whole library at once? I'd like to have it batch find art for a folder, or now playing. Is this possible? thanks
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

Sure, just select the ones you want. I did it about 6 at a time. Much easier to do that way. When you select them in the main MM view and then run the script it will ask if you just want to process those or do the whole lot.

Post by Guest »

i must have been asleep when I typed that, I swear I did that before and it wasn't working. anyhow, works now ;)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Hi, couple idea's for very small improvments.

- put the 'saved' text in the left table cell instead of the image cell
- put the 'size' text in the left table cell instead of the image cell

This would keep both texts more easily visible when dealing with larger images and/or a smaller window size.

Also, curious when an update for the fix for the bug noted here might be released.
ckosloski

Error when saving image

Post by ckosloski »

Hi,

I am running Batch Art Finder 2.1 for one album. I get back one image, and when I try to save it to the tag or as a link I get a vbscript error. This is on a brand new Vista Home machine and I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the script.

Error #-2147024891 - WshShell.RegWrite
Invalid root in registry key "HKLM\Software\Classes\Licenses\78E1BDD1-9941-11cf-9756-00AA00C00908\"
File: "K:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\BatchArtFinder.vbs", line: 1005, Column: 2