Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There is already the option to save the tag. However, it saves a copy of the image to the tag. I will add an option to remove the file after it has been added to the tag. This is as well as the option to add to both tag and as a link.

I've done a bit of work on the next version of this script. "Try again" has been corrected and you shouldn't get the activex warning anymore. However, a lot of design work needs to be done, so don't expect a new version too soon! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Zachm, there should be a set of options in the MM options window:

Tools -> options -> library -> batch art finder settings
Zachm019

Post by Zachm019 »

I was wondering how to change the options :) Thanks! Still trying to get use to all the ins and outs of MM
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Gotten this error a couple times while it's saving images, haven't been able to narrow down what/why.

error #35764 - Inet
still executing last request
file: batchartfinder.vbs, line 766, column 10
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I understand the error, but I'm not sure how it's possible to recieve it! The script only creates the Inet object a few lines before that, so I don't see how it could possibly be executing an event. I'll try to put in some extra checks for the next version though.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
oeon

max issue

Post by oeon »

I haven't been able to get the Maximum variable working. When you say to set it at the top of the script file, what file is that? I see the defaults set under "Sub onStartup". I set the default there to 10. I also tried adding "Maximum=10" into the Scripts.ini file like so:

FileName=Auto\BatchArtFinder.vbs
ProcName=BatchArtFinder
Order=50
DisplayName=&Batch Art Finder
Description=Find album art from Google in batch
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0
Maximum=10

Neither is recognizing the Maximum value and the script is continuing to run through all 2500 albums and locking up.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, in this latest version I have added an option sheet, but not corrected the comments.

Go to "Tools, Options, Library, BatchArtFinder Settings" and change the Maximum variable here.

Post by Guest »

Great script!

Is there a way to change the default filename for the jpg album art to be "folder.jpg" instead of <Album>.jpg? I believe that Windows Media Center expects folder.jpg.

Thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, in the BatchArtFinder settings change the File mask to "<path>\Folder".

Glad you like the script! :)
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

Trix, great idea, great script.
First, I tried it with no maximum, and of course it got pretty slow after a few thousands :)

Then after actually reading all posts :) I tried an small limint, just 10 albums...

Here is the problem: I dont see the pause, save all, etc buttons anywhere? I think the script installed an extra google (G) button, but that's all. Or maybe I tweaked MM before and that's why the buttons don't show? I have also installed monkeyRok and minilyrics.

Any workaround to install/see the buttons? Otherwise I cannot actually save the album art!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think you're getting confused. The [G]oogle button on the toolbar is for my "Google Art Finder" script. This "Batch Art Finder" script, when run, opens a confirmation screen which has a Pause and a Save button on. Does this clear this up?
hars

Post by hars »

Teknojnky wrote: - when I clicked "remove" link, I got a script error: line 3, char 3, activex component can't create object 'songsdb.sdbapplication', code 0, url: about:blank
same here. version 1.1, with msxml6.msi installed and changed values in both intranet zone and regedit.
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

trixmoto wrote:I think you're getting confused. The [G]oogle button on the toolbar is for my "Google Art Finder" script. This "Batch Art Finder" script, when run, opens a confirmation screen which has a Pause and a Save button on. Does this clear this up?
It doesn't pop up that window here.

It shows up a browser window with pics and two options, search again and remove. No save or pause buttons anywhere to be seen?

Maybe it's incompatible with any of the other plugins?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@hars - I have recently discovered how to avoid these errors (by making the script run in My Computer zone) so this will be fixed in the the version.

@urlwolf - you are running this script by clicking "Tools, Scripts, Batch Art Finder"? Can you email me a screenshot of the screen that you get?
hars

Post by hars »

excellent!