Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Post by trixmoto »

This has been requested since I first released my Google Art Finder script. And now it's here and downloadable from my website.

Basically it checks your library for albums without art, and then queries google for each album. Then you check the results and decide which you want. Hit save and all your tracks will be updated.

Lastly, enjoy! :)
Last edited by trixmoto on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Holy Cow! That's AMAZING!

8) :lol:
Miki

Post by Miki »

Dang, this is what i needed :)

After letting it complete finding the images [some of which, for smaller unknown bands are rediclious, but i understand you cant change that :)]

If i try to click "Remove" i get the following error:
[Image not needed anymore]

If i click "Try Again" then the image is removed and replaced with "[Queued]" but it doesnt seem to do anything after that.

Thanks, Mike.
Last edited by Miki on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANDIES

Post by ANDIES »

FYI
i get the same error msg

Batch Art

Post by Guest »

My best guess iis that your security settings in Internet Explorer concerning Active X controls are too strong to allow the control to work. Tools - Internet Options - Security to change your settings. Play with the Active X settings until you find the one that is stopping this script from working.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i ran in to this trouble with an other program that uses batch files.

windows does not like programs that run batch files anymore. it thinks they program is doing something wrong. how ever the author of the other program was able to get it working with doing some more coding.

just what he did to the exe is unknown. but it does need trixmoto to adjust something.

and i would not go in to the internet options and just start changing the security options with out knowing what you want to change.
but there is some sense in that blocking the activex since ms has blocked them from downloading things. so go find the command to allow activex downloads. and set that to enable.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Guest 1 - rovingcowboy 0

When you hit the "Remove" link the script needs to connect back to MM to reset the data so that if you hit the "Try again" link afterwards the search will start from the beginning correctly. This connection is often blocked by activex security settings and/or paranoid antivirus software.

ActiveX warnings: In Internet Options, Local Intranet zone, enable "Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe".

If you are still getting the warning messages - try this:
1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0
This enables the above option in your My Computer zone.

@Teknojnky - I knew you'd love it! :D
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay differnt problems but sounded the same.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I get:

error # -2147024891 - msxml3.dll
access is denied
file: J:\program files\mediamonkey\scripts\batchartfinder.vbs, line 446, column 2

I believe this is the same type of error as google art finder, when you try to save an invalid or non-existent picture (images that don't load, etc).

I've also got the script message linked above too.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Unless I can find another method for downloading files, there's not a lot I can do to fix that error. There's another possibility but it would need a license which either means everyone needs VS6 or I need to provide a hack. The solution really is to Remove any images which aren't found before hitting Save.
Miki

Post by Miki »

Im also getting this.

By "arent found" do you mean [No Results] or ones that the picture doesnt load or is just a cross?

A possible bug - If it is still googling for images and you remove an unwanted image everything gets shunted down 1.
Last edited by Miki on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

the red x that IE displays when an image doesnt load.

trix, would it be possible to add the possiblity to run the script only a selection instead of the whole library... IE do one artist or genre etc at a time?

Would make it a bit easier with extremely large libraries... I have 3600+ albums for it to process.
Last edited by Teknojnky on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miki

Post by Miki »

Ok, Thanks.

What about images that just don't load, they havent found an image but they dont display a cross?
Last edited by Miki on Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I get the active x warning when clicking the "remove" link, and my registry is already set as indicated in the post above.

Any other ideas?
Miki

Post by Miki »

What version of IE are you using, it didnt seem to work for me in IE6.
When i upgraded to version 7 [Beta 2] it now seems to work flawlessly :)

Good Job!

Oh and since i never use IE i just changed the settings as posted here.

"ActiveX warnings: In Internet Options, Local Intranet zone, enable "Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe". "

But internet instead of intranet.