Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Re: Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Post by Peke »

Thx Trix for making our lives easier.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

It'd be great to get this script working again, thanks Trix!!
conspirator

Post by conspirator »

i'm sure i't has been explained somewhere, but i'm unable to find it. could someone tell me how to use this vbs file borisag made?
antlebreton

Post by antlebreton »

conspirator wrote:i'm sure i't has been explained somewhere, but i'm unable to find it. could someone tell me how to use this vbs file borisag made?
as borisag said:
borisag wrote:You have to replace the file BatchArtFinder.vbs in all the locations where it's on your computer, I think they are:
C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey
Make a backup copy first
I just did it in the auto directory & it was fine.

Just a note for those still trying:

Skip straight to the latest Yahoo version borisag posted, as every other one I tried & has faults..

google can't get working, rateyourmusic only returns 50x50 images, juno returns ads, another only returns union jacks..

Just my experience anyway..

Thanks trixmoto & borisag!

- Ant.
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

I installed the latest Yahoo version (thanks!) but still no luck. I do see the new Yahoo option, but I get [no results] on everything.

Might be worth noting also that if I click "try next image", I get a Windows Security Warning:

An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to
interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to
allow this interaction?
antlebreton

Post by antlebreton »

For me; I had to lower security settings in internet explorer..

(If it's already on the "lowest" being medium for the internet, then you have to set custom setting under the active X section)

I'm having trouble with the program/system running out of memory now..

I'm trying to assign album art to 3600+ albums / 21000+ songs.. So I need to figure out how to process maybe half at a time, as it works OK until it gets to 1800 or so 'found' images..

- Ant.
conspirator

Post by conspirator »

ok, i installed the yahoo version, and it seems to work with yahoo, it finds appropriate images, which is great. but when i attempt to save it, it shows me this:

Post by Guest »

Hi,
Could someone explain to a complete dumb how you get this working. Don't worry about talking to me like I'm a moron, I've literally no idea.
I downloaded and clicked on something... now there's a button in MM. When I click on that it runs for a while, but finds no results. Should I be doing something else?

I've had to migrate to MM after buying an Ipod, as I used Windows Media Player. I'd never liked Itunes. I'm having to re-rip my CDs as they were in an incompatible format. I found the visual style of WMP (viewing a grid of album art) worked for me, so I'm finding the clunkier text based interface and loads of window panes very un-intuative, any advice. I've got a big, big library if that makes a difference.
vxl65703

Post by vxl65703 »

When I select an album using the Batch Art Finder, nothing comes back, I select obvious groups to find art like the Rolling Stones, Temptations, Fleetwood MAC etc, but nothing comes back.

any suggestions
BramKa

Post by BramKa »

Hi All, Got google fixed again using Boris' latest script. Yahoo added, MSINET error returned on saving... running windows 8 (System32), administrator rights and win 7 compatbility set...

msinet.ocx copied to system 32 but error value 0x8002801c on registering. HKCR\Licenses\78E1BDD1-9941-11cf-9756-00AA00C00908 is still there..

anybody know how to get this MSINET error to dissappear again?
disassembledmind wrote:Thanks trix and boris, works like a charm....the google search at least. Also if you are on Windows 7 64-bit and get the "msinet not found" error, the fix is the same as the one posted earlier for Windows 8. This link might also help: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... =vbgeneral .
BramKa

Post by BramKa »

Never mind, found the issue. No Admin rights in command prompt was causing error value 0x8002801 issue... opening Commander Prompt with Admin rights and then installing MSINET.OCX entering 'regsvr32 msinet.ocx' fixed it.

Thanks to Borisag for getting this work again and adding Yahoo (even though Google works again and indeed has best results..)
bailso

Post by bailso »

I have just downloaded this add on and it appears to have installed correctly. However I am not getting any "hits" on the searches. I am using the default settings at this stage.

Is there any other settings I could check?

I particularly like the feature of being able to locate album art as a song begins to play. Is there another way of achieving this?

Thanks
Maka

Comment Field

Post by Maka »

Hi
Something has happend with the colors in the comment field(properties), it shows white letters on white background.
If you select all(crtl-a) it shows up marked.

anyone?

/Maka
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Aff

Post by Aff »

Google has changed again, so there are no results.

To fix it, find this line:

Code: Select all

RegEx.Pattern = "((^http://images.google.com/imgres\?)|(^/imgres\?))(.+&imgurl=)"
and change it to:

Code: Select all

RegEx.Pattern = "^.+imgurl="
@trixmoto: do you work on a new version?

Edit:

To simplify the fix (as requested by a user via PM) download and install this file: BatchArtFinder41_2_unofficial.mmip

It's based on the "inofficial" version from borisag, which is based on my "inofficial" version 4.1.1, so it doesn't have any additional changes of the official version 4.2 (which I didn't use because "Try next image" doesn't work for me).
Last edited by Aff on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for this. I will work on a new version when I get some spare time.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.