Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MM3 monkey

Re: Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thanks Aff and borisag. Good luck with the new version, Trixmoto, and thanks.
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
veroK

Post by veroK »

This is getting really frustrating.

Borisag version didn't work for me :(
I can see the list at the bottom of the screen telling me that a lot of matches were found, but when the window pops up, I get the list of queries (about 350) and no matches are found.
Trixmoto's version gave me an error "logf" not defined.

The version is on the MM site (koenigworks9 version 43) doesn't work either, but when I tired looking for his posts in the forum to see if there are fixes out there, MM tells me he has zero posts.
If I try an alphabetical search for k, MM sends me to their home page.

bottom line, unless you know how to find and manually modify the scrips, you're sh*t out of luck.

Can somebody take pity on the clueless and please, pretty please, update this thread on how to make this add-on to work?
Do we have to somehow undo the loading of the previous versions? Or disable them somehow??
----------
EDIT:

My problem is related to permissions...My W7 account is messed up because even when I have admin. access I can't access some folder...I discovered that trying to manually replace the vbs file w/Borisag's...I'll post what I can find out...

--------------------
EDIT 2:
I managed to make version 4.3 from the MM add-on site to work after:
1) logged in as admin w/elevated privileges. Installed MM & the add on batchartfile 4.3
2) Downloaded the activeX controller from MS website (CAUTION: lots of spyware links if you just google for it! Go to sevenforums or MS directly and mind where you click and what you download!!)
3) Tried to do SMALL BATCHES (20 OR LESS) AT A TIME.
If I tried the 200+ albums w/missing art, I got this strage behaviour: the add on searched for the artwork, told me it found most of it and then slowly decreased the "found" cout. It wouldn't let me save anything. While it was searching, if I Paused, I saw a very high "found" count if I resumed, the count went to zero. WTH? Doing small batches worked like a charm. Memory issue?

Honestly, MadiaMonkey STAFF: Just how lazy are you??? Users pay $50 to NOT have to deal with these headaches. This shouldn't be a buggy add-on. Should be a function MM supports robustly.
Last edited by veroK on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
imagehopper

Post by imagehopper »

Maybe you are trying to much at once
veroK

Post by veroK »

yeah, I can't do batches larger than 15-20 album covers at one time w/o MM crashing on me. When it crashes, I then have to exit MM and even that sometimes doesn't fix the batch art finder...

Still, thank you to everyone in the forum that contributed to this long thread. Without you, I would be looking for the next music player/organizer.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm in a scripting lull at the moment, as I've just moved house and don't have internet access currently, but once that's sorted out, updating this script is on my list, and I'll try to take a look soon. It's not been updated for a couple of years, so it's well past due.
veroK wrote:Honestly, MadiaMonkey STAFF: Just how lazy are you??? Users pay $50 to NOT have to deal with these headaches. This shouldn't be a buggy add-on. Should be a function MM supports robustly.
I don't think they can be called lazy, they are working on MM5 at the moment as well as maintaining MM4, and MMA as well. The biggest problem with adding this functionality natively in MM is licensing/source issues - where do you get the images from that are high quality and free? Or if you pay, how does that affect the price of MM? As a scripter, I can scrape images from Google and hope no one minds, but MM can't do that.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
veroK

Post by veroK »

trixmoto wrote:
veroK wrote:Honestly, MadiaMonkey STAFF: Just how lazy are you??? Users pay $50 to NOT have to deal with these headaches. This shouldn't be a buggy add-on. Should be a function MM supports robustly.
I don't think they can be called lazy, they are working on MM5 at the moment as well as maintaining MM4, and MMA as well. The biggest problem with adding this functionality natively in MM is licensing/source issues - where do you get the images from that are high quality and free? Or if you pay, how does that affect the price of MM? As a scripter, I can scrape images from Google and hope no one minds, but MM can't do that.

You make a good point re:licencing issues, Trixmoto... I didn't edit my previous 'tarded comment to avoid causing a confusing mess in the thread. Let it be on record that I was talking out of my a##. I guess I was counting on a vast art library being part of the paid MM package, but you're right that licencing may make that impossible.

That said; I think it would be really good if you noted in your website (and MM in their download area) that the Batch Art Finder script on 4.2 doesn't work unless the user knows how to modify the script. It would save people a lot of grief, especially less savvy users like me, that may go nuts trying to make it work before they hit the forum...

Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'd prefer to just fix the script so that users don't have to modify it, I just need to find the time.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
SKDJ

Re: Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated to 4.3!

Post by SKDJ »

Let me at least mention a deep bow for the developer of this script and state an enormous THANK YOU!!!

(for those who get stuck, here's what I did to experience installing and playing:
- Installed MSINET.OCX for x64
1. downloaded from http://www.filefactory.com/file/b43gg94/n/MSINET.OCX
2. Copy it to c:\windows\syswow64
3. type the following “Run” command “CMD” then right click the command prompt search result and hit “run as administrator”, in the command prompt type: “regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\MSINET.OCX” and yes, you must type the full path to the file, not just the name.
- Started MM as admin
- installed from the AddOn install window
- Set options in the options window)

Over the years trying to figure out what I wanted my tag management wanted to work like and developing a workflow that can mimic browsing through my record collection I screwed up my Artwork several times trying out different players. Although I bought MM years ago already I first got used to browsing everything but the album art. Now that my DJ applications and eventually CDJ's read the album art I can finally achieve browsing like I used to with Vinyl.

Album art tagger and Batch artfinder now make it very easy to finish the job. Folderstructure brought back to simple genre folders (no sub-genres) and perfect tag management through MM provide me with a Huge box to throw in all tagged and named music files, sorting, selecting and exporting them in flexible default ways. Again a great thanks for understanding all my needs over the years and for providing!!
ian54

Post by ian54 »

Can I ask if the script can be modified to use the song title instead of the album title when the latter is blank or missing, or, alternatively, enable to search by artist and song title to get the "single" cover perhaps. Personally I'd prefer the latter in cases where the track is on a Various Artists album.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There's already an option to include singles, which includes tracks with no album name and this uses the track title instead.
skohlmey

Post by skohlmey »

I am using version 4.3 and it works great except for one major problem: It saves the wrong image!

I have tried this several times and get the same results. I search for art for several albums at time. It returns perfect search results with the first image always the correct and best image to use. Next, I select the first image (of the row of 3) for each album and then press save at the bottom of the window. Image files are written to the correct location.... but it saves the 3rd image everytime instead of the image I selected. I have tried selecting the second image and it still saves the 3rd image anyways. Any Suggestions!! Thanks! (PS kudos to all addon and script writers)
landon curry

Post by landon curry »

never can get pictures to load
the loading attempt always fails with a [No Results} result

these attempts are for album art that is out there, easily accessible one-by-one
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, this script really needs sorting out. But good sources are hard to come by, and Google keeps messing around with their source. I don't fancy paying for the webservice access though.
Outlandis

Post by Outlandis »

I continue to get [No Results] for any album I try to tag.

Is there a fix for this (by manually editing the script) or otherwise.

the ability to batch tag with album art is a feature I would love to have given that I have modified my collection and need to generate new covers.

Thanks for any help
Pow_2k

Post by Pow_2k »

Purchased MediaMonkey last year and have slowly been working on my audio collection through it. Finally got everything set up in a way I wanted, the next task is tackling missing album art. Lo and behold a search finds that there are nice scripts that can be installed for use! Excellent! I give the Batch Art Finder 4.2 a go and find problems. Needed to do the ActiveX allow as described on page 1 I think, at least with that I was able to get a result with AlbumArt selected as my source. (No dice yet with others in my limited testing) Of course it is the Union Jack flag that they use to indicate English language. Attempt to click "next image" but no response. Seems the only things clickable are the select checkbox for the album and the buttons along the bottom of the window. Thoughts on this? Possible this was covered earlier in the thread and I haven't found it. Win8.1x64, pretty sure running with an admin level user but would need to go back and check again.

Thanks!