Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Post by trixmoto »

This script is currently useful, because Google keeps changing their search strings and results page source. One day I'll get round to resolving it, and then the next day they'll probably break it again. I'd love to use the proper API to avoid this, but it costs money, and I script for free (although I have been lucky enough to receive some kind donations, which help cover the web hosting costs and an occasional beer).
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Pow_2k

Post by Pow_2k »

Managed to get some hit n miss results w/Google, unfortunately I can't say all that I did to do so. Still, some albums refused to return proper results and the links to try the next piece of art still wouldn't work. Started poking around with the other sites and found a VBS error when using AudioScrobbler. Indicated that variable "div2" on line 2385 wasn't defined. Decided to poke around and see what I could figure out with VBS. Took a guess that the "Dim" lines were variable declarations, Googled it and found I was on the mark. Backed up in the script to where "div" was defined and altered the following on line 2372.

Code: Select all

Dim div : Set div = doc.getElementById("img"&key)
To:

Dim div,div2 : Set div = doc.getElementById("img"&key)
Kaboom! It worked! AudioScrobbler was able to complete a few more missing pieces of the puzzle, although I did get more errors while it was saving the files. I know the error referenced something after the line in which I had edited, so that narrows it down to a third of the script? I believe it was some sort of "while active" operation. This may have been due to my library simultaneously being refreshed since a later run that occurred while there was no other activity completed cleanly.

Of the 741 albums ripped in my collection, I'm down to just 99 where I need to need to find proper artwork! Win! Unfortunately I didn't keep track of the steps I bumbled through to get the OCX installed and working. I think the last thing I tried (and thus likely a key) was to run MM as an administrator. Only had to do this once, from there it worked fine as normal.

Oh, when I was using Google I had also put in the previously mentioned change to the regex on line 2119.

RegEx.Pattern = "((^http://images.google.com/imgres\?)|(^/imgres\?))(.+&imgurl=)"
To:

RegEx.Pattern = "^.+imgurl="
Got me going but not without problems. Been trying to figure out how to get AlbumArt working but I think there is a roadblock due to their script testing to prevent DoS attacks.
tonygamble

Post by tonygamble »

As the last post goes back almost six months I wonder if anyone has an up to date solution to get this script to work.

I'm on Windows 7.

The normal Art Finder works fine on this PC. However, it is a real bore trawling through album after album to find the ones with missing covers and the script on this thread does not seem to be able to spot them or even find covers if you restrict it to albums you have previously identified.

Reading through all the MM threads does come across others using software other than MM and then reverting to MM to add the covers to the tag - but this is hardly batch in my book.

Any ideas, please, folk?

Tony
Peke

Post by Peke »

MMW 4.1.11.1783 have improved album art search.

Can you test if it gets you correct images?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tonygamble

Post by tonygamble »

Thanks Pavle,

I have installed the newer version.

Yes the search finds covers quickly and they seem to be usually the right ones.

How would you use it to add covers to a folder of tracks when, say, a random, 20% lack cover art? The problem I find with MM is that it does not offer a way of isolating the tracks with no cover art so any computer screen of tracks contains a mix of with and without.

What do you suggest I do with, say, a folder of 2,000 tracks that I want to tidy up?

Good to have such a quick response. I like this forum and MM.

Tony
Peke

Post by Peke »

Thank you for feedback on search correctness, it was high risk change and this feedback is essential to see if we made right choice.

Currently Search can miss non Square Album arts, but if search algorithm proves correct we can try to adjust that.

There is such option under FILES TO EDIT tree node and it is called UNKNOWN ARTWORK
Best regards,
Peke

Post by Guest »

I am sorry but you'll have to be more specific.

I have just upgraded to Gold Lifetime and can find that Files to Edit panel. I have unticked everything apart from Unknown Artwork.

What do I do now.

I went back into the main screen. I highlighted all the tracks and did a Ctl+L. It produced a cover but I could not work out which track it represented from the scroll panel underneath the image.

On another occasion I picked a smaller choice of about thirty tracks. I found an image. I thought I was saving it to that track but each time I did another Ctl+L I got that same track back showing a missing image.

Clearly I do not understand the system. Can you explain it to me, please?

Tony
London UK
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi Tony,
Unknown artwork can be found like in below image which will show all MMW library tracks with issues.
Best regards,
Peke
tonygamble

Post by tonygamble »

Hi Savle,

Thanks. I understand now.

My suggests suggest that the Ctl+L search is reliable. It get the odd one wrong, or cannot find one, but that I would expect.

Why does the panel showing the found image sometimes have a tick already inserted with a yellow overlay?

I have tried the Batch Art Finder but not gone any success. I am on Windows 7. Do I assume that is my problem?

Thanks for your help. You are making Media Monkey an essential tool in my system.

Tony

Post by Guest »

Do I assume that the Batch Art Tagger is still not working?

Tony

Post by Guest »

FINDS NOTHING
BairdGoW

Post by BairdGoW »

Does this still work? I cannot get it to return anything.
Aff

Post by Aff »

Only Audio Scrobbler works for me (see post from Pow_2k).

The new Google search result gives base64 image data instead of links to image files, which can't be handled by BatchArtFinder.
There still are links to the image files, but not so easy to extract. Would be a lot of work to adapt the script.
lueromat

Post by lueromat »

so, is this plugin is dead? I always get "[No results]", with any of the search providers (not just google).

could this be some sort of firewall setting? mormal MM artwork lookup works sometimes ("Edit Artwork properties"), but the results are garbage...