ExtractFields v0.1.4 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Rednroll

Re: ExtractFields v0.1.4 [MM2+3]

Post by Rednroll »

Eyal wrote:Rednroll, click on the arrow to reverse its direction:

Code: Select all

AlbumName <-- [<Year>] <Album>
Thank You Eval!!! I knew it had to be pilot error. This does exactly what I needed!!

I only wish there was a way to save some Presets, or if the script could remember your last used settings quite the same way MM seems to do in the Auto-organize, Convert Audio, and Rip CD options. That way if you're in the middle of making some changes and need to close out MM and come back to it later, you don't have to redo all the settings in the script and further make sure your settings are the same as when you were previously using it.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

You're welcome.
Rednroll wrote:I only wish there was a way to save some Presets,
Yes indeed, it would be a nice feature. However, seems like Steegy has abandoned its projects since his last visit on the forum date from December 2008.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

Eyal wrote:However, seems like Steegy has abandoned its projects since his last visit on the forum date from December 2008.
That's too bad, this script is awesome. I was getting upset with the way my iPod organizes Albums with each particular artist by putting them in Alphabetical order. I like the Artist Name's being in alphabetical order on the iPod, but I like the Albums to be in chronological order from when they came out. So I know which one was their 1st and which one is their latest and what came in between. So, with this script I just added the year tag in front of the Album Name on 7000 songs in one quick swoop and then synced these changes to my iPod and now it displays each particular Artist's albums in the chronological order they came out, like I prefer. This would have taken me forever to do this manually.

Now I just need to figure out how to remove this additional information I just added with this script, just in case I ever change my mind in the future and need to go back. :lol:
lobojon

Post by lobojon »

That is a great idea. I would also like to know which album preceded which when I listen. I wondered about that, but I am still learning the basics, so way out of my league.

How do the album names look in your ipod? Are they listed "Year space Album title"? or does the year title not show up in the album name on your ipod and they just ordered chronologically?

Whooohooo!
MM Lifer since 2008. Still apprentice (noob) level.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Toshiba Satellite laptop
Music collection of 2 TB located on an external hard
Spybot Search & Destroy / Iobit Anti Malware
Avast Antivirus Free Edition

I love the Monkey and the forum.
Thanks to all who provide advice, assistance, add ons and scripts. It is very much appreciated!
sperk

Post by sperk »

if you have tracks numbered 01 to 09 and you do Title <-- "<Track#> <Title> you don't get the zeros to show up in the title, you only get 1,2,3, etc. Is there any way to get 01,02 etc to appear?
thanks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Note that ZvezdanD Regex do the same as extract fields.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

As like Peke said, ZvezdanD's RegExp Find & Replace script probably can do what this script does, and much more/better, is there any point in keeping this script (temporarily) alive, or should I replace it with a link to ZvezdanD's script?

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Steegy wrote:ZvezdanD's RegExp Find & Replace script probably can do what this script does, and much more/better, is there any point in keeping this script (temporarily) alive, or should I replace it with a link to ZvezdanD's script?
Please don't do that. I'm using your script very often and have never managed to use RegEx that I find frightening and too complicated. I like small simple programs that do one thing at a time.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I agree, it is one small handy script.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

lobojon wrote:That is a great idea. I would also like to know which album preceded which when I listen. I wondered about that, but I am still learning the basics, so way out of my league.

How do the album names look in your ipod? Are they listed "Year space Album title"? or does the year title not show up in the album name on your ipod and they just ordered chronologically?

Whooohooo!
Sorry...been away for awhile. Albums show up in chronological order on the iPod but with the date in front of the album name. I have it enter the date in brackets. So for example on the iPod it would show like ALBUM> "[1996] Devil Without A Cause". I actually prefer it this way because the iPod doesn't show the DATE meta data in any of the displayable fields.
Rednroll

Extract Fields script, How to undo what I did?

Post by Rednroll »

Ok, I've been using the "Extract Fields" script to add the "Year" in front of all my album names and have the combined result entered into the Album Name field.

Now, there's been some instances where I would like to be able to remove the "[<year>]" information I added via running a script but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

So here's what I've done to all my albums with the Extract Fields script and it's worked perfectly. Now I'm looking for a way to copy those songs to another location and then be able to remove that Year information with the "[ ]" around it, that I stuck on the front of all my album names in one quick swoop, just like I was able to add it.

Any suggestions on how to achieve?

Example:
Album Field= "[1990] Facelift"

Select all songs within album, run script

Result Album Field= "Facelift"

of course I want to be able to do this on multiple songs with multiple different album names all at once, where it will essentially remove "[<Year>]" from the Album Field.

If I had a script that would erase the 1st 7 characters off the front of the Album Tag field, that would work also.
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct sub-forum
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

@Rednroll - Have you tried RegExp Find & Replace? http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=28510

Or if the Album name is coded in the files or directories names, you can do it with Auto-Tag From Filename.
Ex.: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=18198

:~)
Steegy

Re: Extract Fields script, How to undo what I did?

Post by Steegy »

Rednroll wrote:...Now, there's been some instances where I would like to be able to remove the "[<year>]" information I added via running a script but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.
AlbumName --> [Skip] <Album> should work.

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
lobojon

Post by lobojon »

Well, I guess many of us have to learn how to use the Reg Ex Find and Replace. Like others, the "easier and simpler" scripts worked fine for us. Upgrading to MM4 has now placed some us back to the drawing board for simple tasks. I am certainly one them since I cannot clean up my files quickly like I was able to pre-upgrade. I suppose this is alright because I do not mind learning new things, but what a time waster. I have to search all over again how to split artist and titles in MM4 among other things. I see all the posts that say Reg Ex does the same, but I cannot find the preset yet that does what I want it to do. I will find it eventually, I suppose.

Moving from performing-a-task to understanding-the-concept in order to troubleshoot and advance my db clean up skill is the name of the game for me now. Good luck to all in my boat.
MM Lifer since 2008. Still apprentice (noob) level.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Toshiba Satellite laptop
Music collection of 2 TB located on an external hard
Spybot Search & Destroy / Iobit Anti Malware
Avast Antivirus Free Edition

I love the Monkey and the forum.
Thanks to all who provide advice, assistance, add ons and scripts. It is very much appreciated!
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Where/when do you notice that ExtractFields isn't compatible with MM4?