ExtractFields v0.1.4 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

lobojon

Re: ExtractFields v0.1.4 [MM2+3]

Post by lobojon »

After upgrading from MM3 to MM4 two weeks ago.
After attempting to "install" it like I did in MM3. The Ctrl-Alt-X function did not work, nor did tools/scripts/extract fields show up.
After reading in the forum that it no longer works on MM4.

Am I mistaken?
MM Lifer since 2008. Still apprentice (noob) level.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Toshiba Satellite laptop
Music collection of 2 TB located on an external hard
Spybot Search & Destroy / Iobit Anti Malware
Avast Antivirus Free Edition

I love the Monkey and the forum.
Thanks to all who provide advice, assistance, add ons and scripts. It is very much appreciated!
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Quick q's re this and right click for scripts:

Should ExtractFields be available via the right click scripts menu?

If so, how can it be added?

Right click mentions type 0 scripts only... not sure if this is possible.

Thanks in advance

Z
Grateful noob
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

lobojon wrote:After upgrading from MM3 to MM4 two weeks ago.
After attempting to "install" it like I did in MM3. The Ctrl-Alt-X function did not work, nor did tools/scripts/extract fields show up.
After reading in the forum that it no longer works on MM4.

Am I mistaken?
For me it works in MM4, that is, it shows up in menu Tools > Scripts > Extract Fields, and Ctrl+Alt+X works. I didn't actually test changing the tags. My guess is that the script wasn't installed properly.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

zephyr wrote:Quick q's re this and right click for scripts:

Should ExtractFields be available via the right click scripts menu?

If so, how can it be added?

Right click mentions type 0 scripts only... not sure if this is possible.

Thanks in advance

Z
In the script's code, replacing Menu_TbStandard with Menu Pop TrackList should somewhat do the trick (in MM4 the standard toolbar isn't visible anyway, so you won't miss anything).

This script is an autoscript (it starts automatically when MM is starting, e.g. to add a button the MM's toolbar) so the RightClickForScripts script isn't applicable here (it works only for 'type 0 ' scripts, i.e. scripts that are added by MM to the menu Tools > Scripts and need to be started manually).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

Does the manual install not work anymore? How should we install it instead. I just did the copy to notepad save as .vbs, and move to auto folder in scripts that has worked so many times before, but it doesn't seem to anymore.
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

seriously though that other script is stupid complicated. Completely not worth my time to learn, or most other people's. And his 200+ presets take forever to look through and usually don't have what I want. Please bring this script back from the dead.
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

Figured out why it wouldn't install. You need to put the script in C:\Users\Andrés\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto and not in program files.
tbravery

Post by tbravery »

I'm trying to make my album fields display as <artist> - <album>. Is this possible with this script? Can someone show me how?

Somehow I made all my artist fields display as albums (I realized what it was doing and force closed mediamonkey to prevent it from doing further damage)

Post by Guest »

tbravery wrote:I'm trying to make my album fields display as <artist> - <album>. Is this possible with this script? Can someone show me how?

Somehow I made all my artist fields display as albums (I realized what it was doing and force closed mediamonkey to prevent it from doing further damage)
doublepost, but I figured it out. Sharing this to anyone that would like to do the same.

Album Name <- [<Artist>] <Album>

2 lines, serial
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Is this stable in MM.v4?

When I do:
Title <-- <Filename>
It puts "%F" in the Title field (not the filename I have, btw).

Other fields seem to work, although I haven't tried them all.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
inpariswithyou

Post by inpariswithyou »

Has there been any work recently on this plugin?

It does exactly what I need -- but I need it to move the <Conductor> field, which is currently not a mask, to the end of <Title>. In a pinch I can make this happen via some intermediates, but I'd rather not.

Any thoughts?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

inpariswithyou wrote:Has there been any work recently on this plugin?

It does exactly what I need -- but I need it to move the <Conductor> field, which is currently not a mask, to the end of <Title>. In a pinch I can make this happen via some intermediates, but I'd rather not.

Any thoughts?
No, the author hasn't made any updates since 2006. The RegExp plugin can do what you're looking for. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... lit=regexp
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
inpariswithyou

Post by inpariswithyou »

nohitter151 wrote:No, the author hasn't made any updates since 2006. The RegExp plugin can do what you're looking for. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... lit=regexp
Took a look at the plugin and I'm a bit >_<.

Is there a way to combine fields? Basically I need to take <Conductor> and append it to <Title>... so that the new <Title> would look like <Title> [<Conductor>].

(I store remix titles in <Conductor>, but I have to migrate to iTunes, which requires that I include the remix as part of <Title> now. It's all very annoying, and iTunes is the devil... but we do what we must.)
inpariswithyou

Post by inpariswithyou »

Never mind! I figured it out! (Gotta use Visual Basic, not regex.)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I love RegExp F&R, but this script would be great for occasional quick fixes. Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly. :(
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜