Batch M3U Creator 2.7 - Updated 23/09/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm glad you've found this script useful! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, as what I'm looking for doesn't necessarily have to be in m3u, regular MM playlists would work just as well.

Anyway, the thing is that I foresee a problem in the near future where I have more music in my library than can fit on my portable (a 30 GB Creative Zen Vision M). I now sync the entire library onto it, but thought I should switch to only syncing playlists onto it and instead create playlists that essentially are a duplicate of my library but with lower-rated tracks excluded.

Is it possible to modify this script so that it will exclude tracks with a rating lower than X (a user-defined variable)?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Could you not use an autoplaylist to do this, and then sync the autoplaylist?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Yes, for one album at a time, but not for every album I have in one operation (AFAIK).

(wow, that was a fast reply!)
SlasherMCT

Crash

Post by SlasherMCT »

I am getting a crash with Batch M3U creator on this album
--C:\Playlists\Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not.m3u
--(Previous backed up)

I wonder if it the quote mark in the album title causing the problem

Invalid procedure call or argument line 171 col 4

Script Ver 1.6

I meant to say that the line above was the last line in the debug file. Nothing else obvious appears in there....

Hmm it isn't the quote marks or the commas in the name - thought it was an error trying to backup the old playlist but it isn't that either ...

Ah - it looks like it might be something in the title string - I added a debug line for each title and it barfed on this one
Processing Title: You Probably Couldn?t See For The Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The question mark in "couldn?t" means that the apostrophe that probably appears in MM is not an ASCII character therefore cannot be written to the M3U correctly. Retyping that apostrophe in the Properties window should fix the problem.
SlasherMCT

Post by SlasherMCT »

Ok, I have quite a few albums with unicode characters in the track names - I suppose it will break for all of those.

Maybe I'll have to look for a better solution to the unicode issue. Thanks for the tip.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I could edit this script to create unicode M3U files, but not all software supports these, as originally they were designed to be ASCII. I'm not even sure if MM supports unicode M3U files or not.
tableguy

Tweak

Post by tableguy »

Could this be tweaked to different kinds of m3u. Like I use one of the custom fields to catagorize into sub-genres and also diffentent lists in the Classifation node.

TIA
tableguy

Excuse me

Post by tableguy »

I found my dunce cap
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

:lol:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.7) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed errors writing comment line by converting to ASCII
- Added album name to progress bar
- Option to include album year in playlist filename
jsummers

take this but make it top albums

Post by jsummers »

Would it be possible to make something like this but rather then multiple playlists make one playlist similar to this magic node,
Albums (by rating)\<album|sort by:avg(rating)|sort order:desc|min tracks:5>

??

This would allow me to sync my fav albums to my mp3 player in one playlist with auto sync, rather then letting auto sync put incomplete albums on.

I hope this is not to far off topic....
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it would be an entirely different script, but it would certainly be possible. If you've already got the magic node setup though, couldn't you send the results to an MM playlist an sync that?
jsummers

Post by jsummers »

Yeah I could, honestly that never occurred to me :oops: But it would be nice to be able to use auto sync and have it be auto :P ....

Is there a way other then clicking and hitting send to playlist to make a magic node into a playlist? Guess I am still looking for a auto sync..... I think I am just to picky.

Oh by the way seeing as how I never posted before but use your scripts trixmoto I must say you rock!!!! and ty for a many useful scripts :)