WebSearch Panels (updated March 14, 2007) now with installer

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

judas

Post by judas »

Just Downloaded it...LOVE IT!!!!!

Maybe someone with a big screen can paste a screenshot? I only have a 12-inch laptop so using many panels at the time is not really an option!
Cheers, judas
gege

Post by gege »

judas wrote:Maybe someone with a big screen can paste a screenshot? I only have a 12-inch laptop so using many panels at the time is not really an option!
Are these enough for you? :wink:

Image or Image or Image
Last edited by gege on Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

I get:
Error #424 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object required: 'Root(...)'
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\WebSearch.vbs", Line: 493, Column: 8

This happened when starting MM for the first time after installing the script.

Here are lines 491 - 508:

Code: Select all

' We now create the Panels, adding them to the Dictionary object for later
        ' retrieval
        For Each Site In Root(0).childNodes
            Set Panel = New WebSearchItem
            With Panel
                For Each config In Site.childNodes
                    if config.baseName = "name"        then .Name        = config.Text
                    if config.baseName = "caption"     then .Caption     = config.Text
                    if config.baseName = "description" then .Description = config.Text
                    if config.baseName = "start"       then .Start       = config.Text
                    if config.baseName = "url"         then .SearchURL   = config.Text
                Next

Panels.Add .Name, Panel
            End With
        Next
        Set Root = Nothing
    End Sub
judas

Post by judas »

That's great gege... :-) maybe its worth puting it on the front page, as it really shows/describes what the script can do!!!
Cheers, judas
jn

Post by jn »

m_bojangles wrote:I get:
Error #424 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object required: 'Root(...)'
Are you sure to have a valid XML file in place? I guess thats what happens without one ;-)
jn

Post by jn »

judas wrote:ts worth puting it on the front page
done! And thanks from me as well!

Jörg
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

I got it fixed. I had added a new site to my XML file and I need to replace the "&" in the URL with "&".
limex

Post by limex »

First of all.
This script is just great. It covers about 99.99% of what I need.
About the 0.01% that is left from my point of view: :wink:

I have this view in MM where I see all the windows in a perfect size:

to have a closer look to one of the Search Results I drag the Window to the Middle to become a floating window. (I had to re size them once. They remember the size then). Looks like this:

When I double click on this floating window in the Header (blue frame), it them shrinks and MM looks like in Picture 1 again.

What I would like is:

WISH_1: Make a WebSearch Window floating, when I click on the Header (blue frame). (The "Minimising" Feature is already in place)

WISH_2: Prevent the floating windows from "merging with the background" when I drag it over the screen. (This is not a good description, I know. Watch this pic and you know that I mean)

Any chance to get my wishes fulfilled? :D

If you think that this leads the script to an unwanted direction, please tell me and give me a hint how to solve it by changing the code. I'm not that good as you with VB-Script, but it will do. :wink:

If you have any questions understanding my wishes, please send at PM. If you wish also in German, as Austrians and Germans (nearly) speak the same language. 8)
jn

Post by jn »

Servus!
limex wrote:WISH_1: Make a WebSearch Window floating, when I click on the Header (blue frame). (The "Minimising" Feature is already in place)
Is there any (sub)window aleady behaving like that?
limex wrote:WISH_2: Prevent the floating windows from "merging with the background" when I drag it over the screen. (This is not a good description, I know. Watch this pic and you know that I mean)
Sorry, I don't get the point. Could you please elaborate?

Jörg
jn

Post by jn »

FYI: I've made an installer and put it on my homepage, where you can find the screenshots and instructions as well.

Ah yes, and for consistency reasons I changes this thread's subject from "WebSearchItems" to "WebSearch Panels" ;-)

Jörg

Post by Guest »

How can I reopen pages (panels), that i closed?
gege

Post by gege »

Anonymous wrote:How can I reopen pages (panels), that i closed?
With the "Search" toolbar active, you just need to press the "Search the Web" button.
Then, you can enable/disable each panel.

blizzy

lyrics plugin

Post by blizzy »

When I use "lyrics plugin" in MediaMonkey, it's similiar to use it in web browser - I can't edit lyrics and it also prompts me to upgrade to v0.2, is there some way how can I solve it?
linn

Post by linn »

I have been looking for this a long time ! thanks
I use MM for audiobooks ,so i added Googlebooks / albumsearch ,like this :
<site>
<name>Googlebooks</name>
<caption>Googlebooks</caption>
<description>Search Google for Artist</description>
<start>http://books.google.com/</start>
<url>http://books.google.com/books?q=%album%</url>
</site>

this works fine , a related question: though : i get the googlebooks page with reviews , i click on one , copy the part i want and press the comment button, this works very good ;is it possible to view the comment field other than in " properties" ? or would it be possible to show the actual review page (saved somehow )?

Thanks ,lin
gege

Re: lyrics plugin

Post by gege »

blizzy wrote:When I use "lyrics plugin" in MediaMonkey, it's similiar to use it in web browser - I can't edit lyrics and it also prompts me to upgrade to v0.2, is there some way how can I solve it?
I didn't understand your question.
- What 'plugin' is asking you to upgrade to v0.2?
- This scripts simply shows a web page in a panel, so YES you aren't supposed to EDIT the text on it. You just select the text and press the Lyrics or Comment button.