Just Play Something v2.8a ONE CLICK Song Selection [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I moved the old script and copied the new one to \scripts\auto
On restart of MM this is the error I got...

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thank you, that's why it's a Beta.... I've compressed it all too much, I'll post a cleaner copy ASAP!

Actually I had a clean and fully working copy, but then pasted in the wrong version.... I must be too excited .. :lol: This is something I've wanted for awhile..
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Here's Beta 2, and thank you for testing paulmt!
(Forgot about one character in Beta 1)

Code: Select all

new beta 3 below
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Hehe no problem. v1 is great, such a time waster! "ooh I haven't heard that for a while, or that one" meanwhile the day slips away :-)
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Beta 2 up and running with no issues - Great stuff Thanks
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Funny you should say that... I have been annoyed with people calling on the phone lately, cause I may have a 'moment' with what's playing...
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Next is to do options...

Thinking about having some Genre's excluded for example. Say Holiday Genre's in the 'Never Played' Part, and maybe also how large percentage of Never Heard Songs...
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Beta 3... just added exclusion of songs rated for 'Another day' for those 'Never heard' songs. Still do not rated of course...
Beta 4... internal as they say
Beta 5... added On Startup memory for the non-stop function being on or off, plus made it so that it picks up some 'played once' if there's no more 'never played' songs.
Beta 6... got rid of an event that was not needed.

Code: Select all

taken out
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Just a bump to say I feel finished with Version 2.00 at the moment.

It does the same as Version 1, but have an option of adding some never heard songs, and an option to make it go 'NonStop'

That's about it for now... like to keep it simple basically....
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I can't believe how fast you developed this script on from the original beta release! You must have had some "free" time on your hands lately. :-)

I love this function, it really steps up in those moments when I sit in front of MM and look at the 1000's of tracks I have collected over the years and don't know where to start.
Now, one click gets me going, and gets me listening to those tracks that for one reason or another get overlooked.

Great Stuff.
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

Hi,

I love the idea of this script - it is always hard to know where to start, and as my collection grows, that first choice becomes harder, not easier (as one might expect). However, I only ever have three or four tracks in my 'Now Playing' box at once - I use Auto DJ to enque three songs and once a track has played it goes from the playlist (easier on the memory and CPU), so I don't like that this script populates the Now Playing with more than that. I'm sure that it is easily changed, but is there a way that the script will only add three tracks to my Now Playing?

Many thanks,
Ben
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

@paulmt
I had a moment again last night, with a song I didn't even know I had. A favorite artist doing a favorite song (Didn't even know that he did this song.... or have I forgotten that he did... dunno.)
Funny how, like you say, by some reason or the other they get overlooked.... and yes, work is a bit quiet these days..

@durden999uk.
Thank you for your input. Have to think about that one. I believe though that having to constantly control the amount of songs in the Now Playing list would take more Memory and CPU.

The 'Don't ask questions' nature of this script will be kept, but to be able to select an approximate number of songs to dump to the Now Playing List is fair. Just need a bit of time to get that part right..

Currently I'm enjoying the 'Wild Cat' nature of this script, and I'm sort of pleased with having an options of playing good songs without being asked a lot of questions.

Added: I'll do some more testing of what's done so far and in the works are a simple system that teach the script to do the desired result independant on the age of playhistory. In this process a bit of control of how much to add in each hit will be included. All of this will not be done in a day though... later this week maybe.. :)
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

Thanks for your response DiddeLeeDoo - I'm not sure about the memory/CPU thing either, but whenever I have lots of songs in the playlist, MM spends a long time (several minutes +) checking the tracks...I forget exactly what it says, but something along the lines of 'Now Playing: Reading Tracks...', which I have found slows MM down. Plus I'm reluctant to do anything, inc. starting songs, when there is something written in the bottom right, in case MM hangs, as it can do sometimes. Anyway, I've gone a bit off topic, but obviously for any thought you give the subject, I would be grateful.

Ben
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

How many do you get on your Now Playing List in a hit?

Here I get something around 70-80 songs... do you get a lot more than that maybe?

I do not see any text about 'reading tracks' in the Status Bar here after loading these songs... so I'm a bit puzzled about this...

I normally see that text if I have a lot of tracks in the Now Playing list during start-up. BTW, I use the latest MM Beta at the moment.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Actually.. I'll try something that may actually work... just have to test it here...