Missing Lyrics 1.3 - Update 11/01/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sa_ill

Re: Missing Lyrics 1.2 [MM2+3]

Post by sa_ill »

So basically there is no way MM can save synchronised lyrics in its track, and in order to save synced lyrics, an external .lrc file sould be present, right?
nohitter151

Re: Missing Lyrics 1.2 [MM2+3]

Post by nohitter151 »

nohitter151 wrote: I'm not sure how else I can explain it. MediaMonkey can only see 1 type of lyrics from mp3 files, that being Unsynchronized ID3v2 lyrics. Minilyrics can read 3 types, including ID3v2 unsynchronized, ID3v2 synchronized, and lyrics 3v2.

Maybe this will help. Play any track, then pause it. Right click in minilyrics and go to Lyrics -> Remove lyrics from mp3 file. If only "song;//id3v2/sylt/eng" appears, that means you only have the synchronized lyrics saved to the tag, and that the lyrics are not in a readable format for MediaMonkey. It would then be expected for no lyrics to appear in MediaMonkey and for that track to appear in the Missing lyrics node.
MediaMonkey can't save synchronized lyrics to mp3 tags, but Minilyrics can.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
trixmoto

Re: Missing Lyrics 1.3 - Update 11/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.3) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Removed old MM2 code
- Fixed to only show tracks in the current filter
- Added update server to installation package.

Thanks to Bex who supplied the current filter code.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
axel

Post by axel »

Hi, i am looking for a way to embed lyrics to my collection, both wma and mp3. It sound like I could use your scripts/addons for this purpose. I could not, however, find the script your referring to (lyric timer) on your website. I will download evillyrics and test the application tonight. Where can i find the "lyric timer" script?

Thanks!

Axel
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ah, unfortunately I haven't created an installation package for this script yet, so it's disappeared from my newly styled website. You can access the old installers here... http://trixmoto.net/mm/older.php?f=LyricTimer. This script doesn't embed lyrics though, it just allows you to add timings to embedded lyrics.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
axel

Post by axel »

Ok, thanks! Do you know of any script or program that embeds lyrics into wma? I tried minilyrics, but that only works for mp3.

By the way, thanks for your calculating album art size script. It works very well!

Axel
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

axel wrote:Ok, thanks! Do you know of any script or program that embeds lyrics into wma? I tried minilyrics, but that only works for mp3.

By the way, thanks for your calculating album art size script. It works very well!

Axel
MM embeds lyrics into WMA files. Why do you need a script?

Emrik

Post by Emrik »

hello rrfpacker & nohitter151 ,

i've been reading and reading your thread very carefully to understand how i can properly save my lyrics in the mp3 tags with minilyrics.

I'm still confused because it works in 10% of the cases...

- in minilyrics preferences i've checked only the first 2 boxes (synchronised ID3v2 & non synch ID3v2)
- i play each songs of the album for some seconds so i can check that minilyrics find every lyrics on the web : all is ok
- i rescan my album folder to refresh the MM3 library tags

=> still only 10% of the song get the lyrics saved in the mp3 tags...

where did i miss a thing ?

thanks a lot
Paris, France.
Mediamonkey 3, HP Vista & MacBook Pro.
Mixvibes 7 producer, Trackor Pro, Allen & Heath Xone 4D.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

From what I've learned, Media Monkey can only read unsynchronized lyrics, even if it is saved to the mp3. Mini-Lyrics can read and save three kinds. So if you are saving synchronized lyrics, MM won't see them. You have to be careful.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Emrik wrote:hello rrfpacker & nohitter151 ,

i've been reading and reading your thread very carefully to understand how i can properly save my lyrics in the mp3 tags with minilyrics.

I'm still confused because it works in 10% of the cases...

- in minilyrics preferences i've checked only the first 2 boxes (synchronised ID3v2 & non synch ID3v2)
- i play each songs of the album for some seconds so i can check that minilyrics find every lyrics on the web : all is ok
- i rescan my album folder to refresh the MM3 library tags

=> still only 10% of the song get the lyrics saved in the mp3 tags...

where did i miss a thing ?

thanks a lot
This is not the proper place to discuss this. Please make a new thread.