Missing Lyrics 1.3 - Update 11/01/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Missing Lyrics 1.2 [MM2+3]

Post by Bex »

No problem, nohitter! :)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for taking care of this Bex, I'll get this added to the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks, but it was an easy one! :)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I have installed this script and used it last night. It returned quite a few songs that supposedly did not have lyrics. However, the songs have lyrics and they are being shown in Mini Lyrics panel.

Unrelated to Missing Lyrics is the fact that the Lyric and Comment viewer says there aren't any lyrics either.

Any thoughts?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I guess this is probably to do with the database restructuring in the latest beta versions - what version are you up to?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I have version 3.0.3.1183. And also a Gold Member.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Perhaps you have separate lyrics files? I.e. they are not stored within the tag of the file?

All My Scripts
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

From the beginning of my adventure with MM starting in July, I have had Mini Lyrics store them in the mp3.

Remember, the lyrics scroll and work just fine in Mini Lyrics, so they are there. I also rescan (file monitor) at least once a week, so if they are in the file, which they are, wouldn't MM see that?

So I'm not sure why these are not being "seen" or displayed in Lyric and Comment Viewer.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rrfpacker wrote:From the beginning of my adventure with MM starting in July, I have had Mini Lyrics store them in the mp3.

Remember, the lyrics scroll and work just fine in Mini Lyrics, so they are there. I also rescan (file monitor) at least once a week, so if they are in the file, which they are, wouldn't MM see that?

So I'm not sure why these are not being "seen" or displayed in Lyric and Comment Viewer.
That would be because there are multiple types of lyrics that can be saved to the tag. MediaMonkey can only read the USLT mp3 tag lyrics, I guess you're saving them in some other tag or format.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

When I first installed MM, I set the Tags options to:
Store MP3 properties as ID3v1 and v2
Encoding to ASCII & UTF-16

What is USLT?

I set the Mini Lyrics to save synchronized and unsynchronized. I was under the impression that ML would save it correctly and that MM would be able to read it. I have noticed that even though ML is showing me lyrics, either text or LRC, they do not show up in the Lyrics tab of the file. I opened up a ML file and under File is says "song;//id3v2/sylt/eng". Sooooo....

What did I miss? As I am a novice to all of this, I only selected what MM and ML allowed me to select. I have spent hours saving and synching lyrics. Was that a waste? Why did some embed and some didn't? Is there an easy way to embed the lyrics that are being used by ML?

Thank you.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rrfpacker wrote:When I first installed MM, I set the Tags options to:
Store MP3 properties as ID3v1 and v2
Encoding to ASCII & UTF-16

What is USLT?
USLT is the mp3 unsynchonized lyrics tag that MediaMonkey can read. Minilyrics can also save lyrics to this tag when you select to save lyrics as "ID3v2 unsynchronized lyrics".
I set the Mini Lyrics to save synchronized and unsynchronized. I was under the impression that ML would save it correctly and that MM would be able to read it. I have noticed that even though ML is showing me lyrics, either text or LRC, they do not show up in the Lyrics tab of the file. I opened up a ML file and under File is says "song;//id3v2/sylt/eng". Sooooo....

What did I miss? As I am a novice to all of this, I only selected what MM and ML allowed me to select. I have spent hours saving and synching lyrics. Was that a waste? Why did some embed and some didn't? Is there an easy way to embed the lyrics that are being used by ML?

Thank you.
If you have Minilyrics saving to both synchronized and unsynchronized but the lyrics don't display, then its an issue where the lyrics were probably saved to the tag by Minilyrics but the track was never refreshed in MM. You can do this either with the Gold version of MM by keeping File Monitor on and monitoring all of your tracks or by rescanning your tracks via File | Add/rescan tracks to the library and rescanning the tracks that are in your library and have been tagged with Minilyrics.

Keep in mind that if you happen to open the lyrics panel in MM while it is empty because the new lyrics haven't been loaded into MM yet (because you haven't turned file monitor on or rescanned) then hit the OK button with the lyrics panel empty, the lyrics will be overwritten and stripped from the file.

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I'm not sure what to do next. Looks like you agree with my settings and I rescanned all music files three times today. Still have missing lyrics even though ML shows them.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rrfpacker wrote:I'm not sure what to do next. Looks like you agree with my settings and I rescanned all music files three times today. Still have missing lyrics even though ML shows them.
I'm not sure how else I can explain it. MediaMonkey can only see 1 type of lyrics from mp3 files, that being Unsynchronized ID3v2 lyrics. Minilyrics can read 3 types, including ID3v2 unsynchronized, ID3v2 synchronized, and lyrics 3v2.

Maybe this will help. Play any track, then pause it. Right click in minilyrics and go to Lyrics -> Remove lyrics from mp3 file. If only "song;//id3v2/sylt/eng" appears, that means you only have the synchronized lyrics saved to the tag, and that the lyrics are not in a readable format for MediaMonkey. It would then be expected for no lyrics to appear in MediaMonkey and for that track to appear in the Missing lyrics node.

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Your patience worked. I missed it the first time you said unsynchonized tags were all MM sees. I did not know that so I have been saving as many synchronized lyrics as possible.

So I think I have it now. If I want to have lyrics scroll, I need to continue to save the synchronized lyrics and in order to see lyrics in the Lyrics and Comments Viewer, I need to also save unsynchronized.

Thank you again nohitter.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rrfpacker wrote:Your patience worked. I missed it the first time you said unsynchonized tags were all MM sees. I did not know that so I have been saving as many synchronized lyrics as possible.

So I think I have it now. If I want to have lyrics scroll, I need to continue to save the synchronized lyrics and in order to see lyrics in the Lyrics and Comments Viewer, I need to also save unsynchronized.

Thank you again nohitter.
Happy to help. I know it can be quite confusing!