Missing Lyrics 1.3 - Update 11/01/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex
Posts: 6316
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 5:44 am
Location: Sweden

Post by Bex » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:37 am

This script is currently only working with MM2 (as the title says).
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

spacefish
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:21 am
Location: Denmark

Post by spacefish » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:18 pm

Just what I was looking for! Subscribing to be notified when an update for 3 is ready. I need this script! :)
Image
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

das Monkey
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by das Monkey » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:17 pm

I don't know if this is something people still use, but I just installed it a few minutes ago and got the same error in MM3 others were getting. A quick glance at the database reveals they moved the lyrics to a more logical location. Change the sql line to this, and it should work:

Code: Select all

  Dim sql : sql = "WHERE Songs.Lyrics = ''"
Or if you want to be more selective, something like this:

Code: Select all

  Dim sql : sql = "WHERE Songs.Lyrics = '' AND Songs.Genre NOT IN ('Classical', 'Score', 'Instrumental', 'Podcast')"
I don't know how this thing is indexed, so there may be a more optimized solution, but it's fast enough for my purposes.

das

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Post by nohitter151 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:28 am

das Monkey wrote:I don't know if this is something people still use, but I just installed it a few minutes ago and got the same error in MM3 others were getting. A quick glance at the database reveals they moved the lyrics to a more logical location. Change the sql line to this, and it should work...
This is a script I definitely miss! (Trixmoto made this way back when I first started using MM, at my request :oops: :wink: )

I tried your modification das, but I'm still getting lots of wacky errors. Trixmoto, I know you're busy - I just wanted to remind you that this script is still wanted :) .
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

trixmoto
Posts: 10024
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:28 am
Location: Hull, UK
Contact:

Post by trixmoto » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:25 am

It's on my list! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

drjboulder
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Boulder, Colorado, USA

Post by drjboulder » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:51 am

nohitter151 wrote:
das Monkey wrote:I don't know if this is something people still use, but I just installed it a few minutes ago and got the same error in MM3 others were getting. A quick glance at the database reveals they moved the lyrics to a more logical location. Change the sql line to this, and it should work...
This is a script I definitely miss! (Trixmoto made this way back when I first started using MM, at my request :oops: :wink: )

I tried your modification das, but I'm still getting lots of wacky errors. Trixmoto, I know you're busy - I just wanted to remind you that this script is still wanted :) .
I Believe that I used to use this script w/MM2....

Maybe I am missing something, but is there a reason to update it considering the ability's of the newest MagicNodes?
I use this node and it appears under "Files To Edit":

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Problematic tracks|Show tracks:No|Child of:FilesToEdit|Position:Last child>\Tracks without lyrics|Filter:<Lyrics> = ''\<Title>
Or maybe I am missing some other usefulness of this script?
D Rock
Image
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Post by nohitter151 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:03 am

drjboulder wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:
das Monkey wrote:I don't know if this is something people still use, but I just installed it a few minutes ago and got the same error in MM3 others were getting. A quick glance at the database reveals they moved the lyrics to a more logical location. Change the sql line to this, and it should work...
This is a script I definitely miss! (Trixmoto made this way back when I first started using MM, at my request :oops: :wink: )

I tried your modification das, but I'm still getting lots of wacky errors. Trixmoto, I know you're busy - I just wanted to remind you that this script is still wanted :) .
I Believe that I used to use this script w/MM2....

Maybe I am missing something, but is there a reason to update it considering the ability's of the newest MagicNodes?
I use this node and it appears under "Files To Edit":

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Problematic tracks|Show tracks:No|Child of:FilesToEdit|Position:Last child>\Tracks without lyrics|Filter:<Lyrics> = ''\<Title>
Or maybe I am missing some other usefulness of this script?
Well I'd really rather just have the Lyrics node than all of MagicNodes (call me old fashioned, its just a script that I've never used). I would assume there are other users like me, but I guess I could be the only crazy MM user out here :lol: .
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

spacefish
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:21 am
Location: Denmark

Post by spacefish » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:42 am

You can also do this with My Custom Nodes and if you want, that can be the only custom node you have. :P

Code: Select all

[No Lyrics]
icon=Title
sortLike=Artist
easyCaption=BaseCaptionAndTrackCount
hideIfEmpty=1
refresh=1
trackCriteria="(Lyrics = '')"
parent="Files to Edit"
Image
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

trixmoto
Posts: 10024
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:28 am
Location: Hull, UK
Contact:

Post by trixmoto » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:37 pm

New version (1.2) is now available to download from my website. It is now compatible with MM3. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Sweet! :D I've been waiting for this one, many thanks.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Missing Lyrics 1.2 [MM2+3]

Post by nohitter151 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:27 am

Trix, I know you're busy but I wanted to express a small wish for this script which I use quite frequently - I'd love if the Missing Lyrics node only looked for tracks with missing lyrics in the active filter. Right now it finds all lyric-less tracks but includes those in other filters, like Podcasts.

Thanks for an already great tool. :)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Bex
Posts: 6316
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 5:44 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Missing Lyrics 1.2 [MM2+3]

Post by Bex » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:54 pm

Replace line 42 from:

Code: Select all

Dim sql : sql = "WHERE Songs.Lyrics = ''"
To:

Code: Select all

Dim sql : sql = "WHERE Songs.Lyrics = '' AND " & SDB.ActiveFilterQuery
And it should work! :)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Missing Lyrics 1.2 [MM2+3]

Post by nohitter151 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:46 pm

Thanks Bex! Unfortunately after making the change I'm now getting:
Image
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Bex
Posts: 6316
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 5:44 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Missing Lyrics 1.2 [MM2+3]

Post by Bex » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:08 pm

I didn't get much right there, did I?
Replace the last Sub with this one:

Code: Select all

   Sub ShowUnknownLite(node)
      Dim FilterSQL
      If Not SDB.Database.ActiveFilterQuery="" Then FilterSQL = " AND " & SDB.Database.ActiveFilterQuery
      Dim sql : sql = "WHERE Songs.Lyrics = ''" & FilterSQL
      SDB.MainTracksWindow.AddTracksFromQuery(sql)
      SDB.MainTracksWindow.FinishAdding
    End Sub
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Missing Lyrics 1.2 [MM2+3]

Post by nohitter151 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:17 pm

Excellent, thanks much Bex (and of course Trixmoto as well!) :)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post Reply