easy script request.. i think

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Balinsky

easy script request.. i think

Post by Balinsky »

my little brother wants to reset his playcount of his entire library and keep everything else any easy way to do this would be awsome.

all help appreciated thanks
MediaMonkey Gold member
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Have a look through the "sticky" [All Scripts] top of the sripts & components forum, there is a script that does this there.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Looks like this. This one reset the playcounter to 0 for all the songs in the library. Still do not understand why someone wants to do that ;) The Just Play Something Script use the PlayCounter to help finding good songs for example.

All you do with this one is to save the code in a text document, save it as something with ending like .vbs for example... ResetPlaycounterToZero.vbs and double click the file.

Code: Select all

Set SDB=CreateObject("SongsDB.SDBApplication")
While Not SDB.IsRunning
      WScript.Sleep 500
Wend
SDB.Database.ExecSQL("UPDATE Songs SET PlayCounter=0")
SDB.MainTracksWindow.Refresh 
SDB.ShutdownAfterDisconnect=False
Set SDB=Nothing
I have enough work just doing the scripts in a thread, and still haven't taken time to update the All Scrips Thread Too..... it's just too much updating everywhere...
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Wouldn't it be easier to synchronise your tags, clear your library and then rescan everything back in?
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Some reset their counters for weekly statistics reasons as far as I know.
Balinsky

Post by Balinsky »

@DiddeLeeDoo: the reason is that my I gave all my music to my little bro before I went to college and coppied and edited the library.

he wants to have his own play count. I would never reset mine if i had the choice.

@pah68: now that I actually think ya it probably would i thought I would lose the ratings, but you wont. And I have a lot of auto playlists i didn't want to lose. But all in all easier

thx everyone
MediaMonkey Gold member
pah68

Post by pah68 »

You won't loose the autoplaylists. They are based on the tags. :wink:
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I used to clear and rescan the library, but I sure regret having done so.

Each time I lost some sort of data. By just clearing the playcounter for each song, you know you have everything else in order.

In fact, clearing the playcounter is recoverable.... so if hell break loose and big regrets comes up, it can be fixed just as easy as clearing them.

I'm now a fan of keeping the database as old as possible. I envy people with 5 years of play history in their databases....
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

i use the clear playcount script as diddeleedoo knows.

i use it to clear the visable playcount for use in making weekly count down top of the charts list.

the script will not clear all the playcounts only the one you can see in the list view.

to clear all the counts you need to do the entire library scan as they said.

but diddeleedoo did say he lost some data doing that and the song ratings will be changed because of the date added in to the system will change.

i have no trouble with clearing the visable playcount on a weekly schedule but others might.