Calculate Cover Size 1.7 - Updated 23/10/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Eyal

Post by Eyal »

A keyboard shortcut will be fine. I'll try to do it.
But a button will be better, since I mostly use a Wacom digital tablet.

Thanks for your help.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll add an option for a button in the next version. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Brilliant!
Thanks again.
nojac

Post by nojac »

deleted
Last edited by nojac on Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
andig

Post by andig »

Script is exactly what I need, thanks. I'm wondering if the numbers are meaningful, though.
For example, if I calculate total size and track has 1 image embedded, CS calculates 14400 as (bytes) value. When I same the image from MM back to disc though its 5K size?

Thanks,
Andi
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

That is the number of bytes that the image takes up inside the track. Once you extract this image and save it as in individual image file then the filesize might indeed be different.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nojac

Post by nojac »

Glad your script worked on MM3 too.

I have noticed that if I remove some art from a track, the Custom fields added by the script are cleared. Nice, since they are not correct any more. But when I apply the change to all tracks on the album, the custom fields are not cleared for the other tracks .... Is that how you want it to work?

And is it possible to make the script separate between embedded art and linked art?
Last edited by nojac on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There is no code to blank the custom field. If this is happening it's probably because the value is not being stored correctly in the track's tags, which is probably depends on your filetype.

I'll add this option to the next version.

I'm not sure why the installer is not working for you, but it does sound like it's a problem with your own machine. The installer works fine for me.
nojac

Post by nojac »

trixmoto wrote:There is no code to blank the custom field. If this is happening it's probably because the value is not being stored correctly in the track's tags, which is probably depends on your filetype.

I'll add this option to the next version.
So I have an error on my machine that improves the script???? That's perfect.

Because every time I manually delete extra art, the 3 Custom fields are cleared. This happens both to mp3 and m4a on MM3. Didn't notice it on MM2.

EDIT: This is probably a MM3 A3-bug: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17138
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.2) is now available to download from my website. There is now the option to include/exclude embedded and linked images. :)
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

Trix, this script would be perfect for me, except I'm already using all my custom fields - could this possibly be made to push the relevant data out to a text or CSV file?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well this kinda goes against the way the script is designed, but I'll see what I can do! :)
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

Well, I went ahead and consolidated my custom fields, freeing up Custom3 for use with this script.

Just thought I'd take a moment to post my Magic Nodes that I'm using, which helps to isolate "problem" tracks. In my case, I'm isolating tracks whose artwork is smaller than 250x250, to avoid upscaling in my customized MonkeyRok. Obviously, you can set the number to be whatever you want, and it may require you changing the <Custom3> element (not the Songs.Custom3 query element, though) to match whatever you have MM set to display it as. Enjoy!

Code: Select all

Small Artwork by Size|Filter:val(Songs.Custom3) < 000062500\<Custom3>\<Album Artist>\<Album>

Small Artwork by Artist|Filter:val(Songs.Custom3) < 000062500\<Album Artist>\<Album>
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

fizzjob wrote:

Code: Select all

Small Artwork by Size|Filter:val(Songs.Custom3) < 000062500\<Custom3>\<Album Artist>\<Album>

Small Artwork by Artist|Filter:val(Songs.Custom3) < 000062500\<Album Artist>\<Album>
Hey that's terrific! Smart way of using that field.
Thanks fizzjob :)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

MM3 installation package for this script is now available to download from my website! :)