Play History & Stats Node 4.1.0 (2012-08-12)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Wow, really!? Upgrade to 2.5.5!! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Felix H.

Post by Felix H. »

It works now... installed 2.5.5 (stupid... :roll: ).
ashishg

Post by ashishg »

Amazing script! Is it possible to have functionality to export all the stored history information in Play History node in .csv format for personal analysis :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!
There are no export functionality in this script. But an export could easily be done from within Access. Do you have Access?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
crcm

Post by crcm »

just find the script..its brilliant!! :D (thanks to your link in forum)

Which reminds me....
I am very annoyed because all these scripts should be somewhere in same place. Now they are spreaded in forum and they are hard to find. Sticky is outdated and clumsy!

Make special site for all these scripts. They deserve it!!! "Hint" Hint"

:)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!
A much better way to handle script is under construction in MM3, but I don't know how it's going to work.

The sticky though is only outdated in the beginning. From Trixmoto's post it's fairly updated.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
ashishg

Post by ashishg »

I do, but I am fairly incompetent in SQL matters.
Bex wrote:Thanks!
There are no export functionality in this script. But an export could easily be done from within Access. Do you have Access?
Bex

Post by Bex »

OK. Do this:
1. Open up a new query in Access and goto the sql view.
2. Copy and paste the code below
3. Run the query and see if it works as expected
4. Save it and goto File->Export and choose desired format.

Code: Select all

SELECT Played.PlayDate, Played.IdSong, IIf([SongOrder]=-1,"",[SongOrder]+1) AS [Track#], Format([SongLength]/1000/86400,"nn:ss") AS Length, Artists.Artist, Songs.SongTitle AS Title, Albums.Album, Artists_1.Artist AS AlbumArtist, Genres.GenreName AS Genre, IIf([Songs]![Year]=-1,"",[Songs]![Year]) AS [Year], IIf([songs]![Rating]=-1,"",[songs]![Rating]/20) AS Rating
FROM ((((Songs INNER JOIN Artists ON Songs.IDArtist = Artists.ID) INNER JOIN Albums ON Songs.IDAlbum = Albums.ID) INNER JOIN Genres ON Songs.Genre = Genres.IDGenre) INNER JOIN Artists AS Artists_1 ON Albums.IDArtist = Artists_1.ID) INNER JOIN Played ON Songs.ID = Played.IdSong
ORDER BY IIf([SongOrder]=-1,"",[SongOrder]+1), Albums.Album, Artists_1.Artist; 
Let me know if it works.

All My Scripts
ashishg

Post by ashishg »

It does. You've been very helpful.
slapdash

Post by slapdash »

Where are these statistics saved?
What do I have to do when I will format my pc, to keep the stats?

Greetz
Bex

Post by Bex »

They are saved in the Database so make sure you backup your MediaMonkey.mbd located in your "My Music"-folder before you format your PC. Then you simply copy it back to the "My Music"-folder again. But you also need to have your music stored exactly as you had it before you did the formatting.

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Also be aware, that if you actually re-format your drive with your music on it, that it will have a different VOLUME ID than previously.

You can use onkel's script to update the MM database volume id to the new one.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Very good point Teknojnky! :D

All My Scripts
RedX

Post by RedX »

Teknojnky wrote:Also be aware, that if you actually re-format your drive with your music on it, that it will have a different VOLUME ID than previously.

You can use onkel's script to update the MM database volume id to the new one.
Where is this script? I simply can't find it :(

I just reinstalled MM and copied the music to a new hd then i copied the old db over the new one and told mm to find the files in new location. Do i still need to update the volume ID?

Thx,
Red
Bex

Post by Bex »

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=70462

If you did a rescan you need to copy the DB again and run this script instead. The thing is that you want to use the old entries in your old DB to preserve all playhistory, playcount, dateadded and playlists. If you do a rescan you'll just add all the songs again so you'll end up with two copies of every song, one that plays and one that don't. But if you delete the ones that don't play you'll lose all as described above.

All My Scripts