Play History & Stats Node 4.1.0 (2012-08-12)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

RedX

Post by RedX »

Bex wrote:http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=70462

If you did a rescan you need to copy the DB again and run this script instead. The thing is that you want to use the old entries in your old DB to preserve all playhistory, playcount, dateadded and playlists. If you do a rescan you'll just add all the songs again so you'll end up with two copies of every song, one that plays and one that don't.
I think you understood me wrong, i used the function locate moved/missing tracks.
Bex

Post by Bex »

OK, then you are perfectly safe! :D
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
thekidkid

Post by thekidkid »

Just downloaded this and have to say it is an EXCELLENT script. I've always wished that something would keep track of things like most played artist/album, etc. But I have one question. I just recently switched over to MM, before I was using WMP which is where most of my plays came from. When I go to play history and stat, it only shows the plays for songs I've actually listened to in MM. So a song that shows 50 plays (It actually shows this in MM) only shows 3 in play history and stack because I only listened to it 3 times in MM. Is there anyway to incorporate the plays I had before MM? Thanks and again, great work.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!

MM has a special table in which it stores all occasions of played songs, with timestamp, that has been played in MM. In addition to this you have the playcount field which just is supposed to sum up all times you played the song. However, if you come from another media-player or play your songs on a portable device MM cant know when the songs are played only that they have been played. So the first table can't be updated with this information from other media-players or portable devices since it doesn't exist. The playcount field can easily be updated which it also is.

This script is based on the first table...
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

A quick note just to inform interested that the script now can be downloaded as a zip file and therefore it's much easier to install. (When I get the time I will try to make an installer with the script which of course will make it even easier to install.)

The download link is in the first post.

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Bex-

An idea that hopefully many might find useful...

- High play count tracks by artists with few tracks (in the library)

Meaning, popular 'one hit wonder' type artists.

A statistics node of this type would make it easier to see what artists that we play alot, but we don't have many tracks of (so that we know which artists to look to expand).

Might also be possible with a magic nodes sql query.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I like that idea. I'll see when I can do something about it.
It can be done with Magic Nodes though so If it doesn't get to slow I'll make one for you.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated
Ver 3.4 (2007-04-08)
- Added Option Sheet with lots of settings
- Added possibility to sort some nodes on Artists
- Added possibility to exclude Genres and/or Folders
- Fixed so Dates are remembered between searches

Note!
Changing sortorder triggers an access violation error most times.
But just press OK and it will go away.
(It seems to be a bug with MM 2.5 but I'll have to check that with Jiri.)

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Bex:

MM3 is naked without this script. :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, I will convert this script when MM3's database structure has been set.

All My Scripts
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Bex wrote:Yeah, I will convert this script when MM3's database structure has been set.
I'm looking forward to that. I have been using MM3 exclusively since A2, and I really miss this script.

Post by Guest »

hi guys, this is embarassing, but i can't even get the script to load on start up.

i am using MM 2.5.5, downloaded playhistory3.4, and copied the .vbs into \Scripts\Auto, and i keep getting "Error #-2147024769"
Line: 110, Column: 2

would anyone be kind enough to give a newb a helping hand?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hmm. It seems that you have some problems with your MDAC installation. Try this:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3194

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

Bex wrote:Hmm. It seems that you have some problems with your MDAC installation. Try this:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3194
Hi thanks for the link. unfortunately none of the downloads worked for me since i'm using XP SP2 and most of the available versions seem to be outdated.
Bex

Post by Bex »

OK, try to compact your database.
File->Maintain Library->Compact Database

All My Scripts