Play History & Stats Node 4.1.0 (2012-08-12)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Sure! That's a bug I will look into it tomorrow.
Thanks for the report.

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Holy Cow!

Post by MeMeMe »

WOW!

Bex, this is a fantastic script. I'm a LastFM junky, and have often wanted all that information in a format I can examine in more detail. This is perfect!
Bex

Post by Bex »

@MeMeMe
Thanks! Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve it.

The script is updated. New code on first page!
- Bugfix, Clicking on a Release year node didn't add tracks to the main window

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

One thing I did think of.
You have those stats for Per Season, Per Weekday, Per Period of Day (now that's what I call detail!), but you can only see Songs. I wouldn't mind another node underneath each where you can select Songs, Albums, Artists, or Genres.
I don't need that, so if it's complex, I won't miss it.

Or maybe it would be neater/better this way: a set of nodes under Statistics: Songs, Albums, Artists, Genres, and under each of them, the "Per Season, Per Weekday," etc.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks for the suggestion. Will look into it but right now I'm working on another script, so it might take a while. :wink:

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I just had another idea, that if you get time to work on this script, would be more important than that change.
LastFM allows you to see how many tracks you played in a given period (week, total). That would be a nice bit of data to have for the different periods you've already defined.

I'll stop pestering you now. :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

I just looked at the Last FM site. It looked pretty good so and I will implement something similar (hopefully more advanced).

I don't know when but eventually we'll see what I come up with! :wink:

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

It's already more advanced :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated!
- Statistics node is totally reconstructed, check it out! :)

As usual: Comments, bugs reports and suggestions are welcome!

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Version 3.0
Description: Error msg, "Error executing script event."

Steps:
Go to "Play History & Stat/Statistics/Last Year/Release Year/Spring"
Highlight Spring & get error box. "Error executing script event."
Same thing with numerous other branches.
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

i love you bex, i'm a statistics junkie. lol thanks, great script

----------

i also get the errors that the posters both above and below have, but they don't really bother me all that much (it would be nice if it was fixed though, thanks)
Last edited by tommae88 on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I'm seeing this error, too, in the Statistics branch.
It doesn't appear if you just click the + to open a node, but if you clik on a node to get the contained songs to appear in the playlist window, it then occurs.

It occurs here:
Statistics --> All Times --> Songs -> Per Season -> Spring
Statistics --> All Times --> Songs -> Per Season -> Summer
Statistics --> All Times --> Songs -> Per Season -> Autumn
Statistics --> All Times --> Songs -> Per Season -> Winter
It doesn't occur in any of the other Statistcs -> Songs nodes.
It does occur in the
Statistics --> All Times --> Artists -> Per Season -> (each season)
nodes.

Also, under
Statistics --> All Times --> Artists -> Per Weekday --> (each one)
and
Statistics --> All Times --> Artists -> Per Period of Day --> (each one)
there's a different error:
"There was a problem querying the database:
42000: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'Songs.ID=phntmpIds.TmpId and Songs.IDArtist='"

These two types of errors also occur under
Statistics --> All Times --> Albums
Statistics --> All Times --> Genres

Finally, there's on last thing which may or not be an error. When you click on the Party Time node (or any of the parent nodes of the problem nodes above), it doesn't populate the playlist window.

After a quick check, these problems also appear to be evident under the "Last Week" node, too. I haven't explored further.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks guys!
I knew i wouldn't have posted a new version so late at night.
I'll fix the errors (I hope they aren't so catastrophic) tomorrow when I get the time.

All My Scripts
Sgrom

Post by Sgrom »

Hey Bex

Awesome script, have had it installed for a while now and im really enjoying it!

Two comments tho, firstly, for the nodes by season, is it possible to change that based on where you live? I live in the Southern Hemisphere.

Secondly, its not really a problem, but the song historys seem to be limited to 1000 songs per period. Eg it shows 1000 songs I have listened to in each week, month etc. Is this done on purpose?

Keep up the great work!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks Sgrom,

Sure it is! I've been thinking of you guys living in the Southern Hemisphere. 8)
Open up the script in e.g. notepad and locate this part:

Code: Select all

' Here's the seasons which is displayed as nodes. They can be renamed into your own language
seas(0) = "Spring"
seas(1) = "Summer"
seas(2) = "Autumn"
seas(3) = "Winter"
' Here's the months of the seasons. You can change them if you want to.
' But be sure not to duplicate or leave any out. 1=Januar, 2=Februar, etc
seasmonths(0) = "3,4,5"
seasmonths(1) = "6,7,8"
seasmonths(2) = "9,10,11"
seasmonths(3) = "12,1,2"
Just change it so it's right for you!

You're right regarding the 1000 limit. It's done due to performance issues. Sorry for not mentioning that anywhere. The simpliest way to remove it for now is to open up the script and search for "Top 1000" (there's four of them) and change it to "" (or any other value you find suitable e.g. "Top 2000")

Btw, there will be no error fixing update today since I dont have the time.
You'll need to wait until tomorrow for that!

/Bex

All My Scripts