Play History & Stats Node 4.1.0 (2012-08-12)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Weatherman

Re: Play History & Stats Node 4.1.0 (2012-08-12)

Post by Weatherman »

Hi Bex.

When I click on the Statistics node, the first message is:
Error no.13: Microsoft vbscript runtime error
Type mismatch: "Node.CustomdataID"
File "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\playhistory.vbs", Line: 530, Column: 2

Thanks bex...hope this helps
Jim
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

I think I may see the problem. The issue with PlayHistory seems only to affect tracks synced with the ipod. I sync tracks with the ipod and then I "add last play to history". However, these don't appear in the PlayHistory stats. They DO appear using Magic Nodes, though.
aldoDuke

Post by aldoDuke »

Thanks! This is awesome.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

How am I just discovering this script? Nice work!
--
The gpzbc
tonykaz1

Post by tonykaz1 »

It doesn't seem to include any plays that were made on my Android device and then synced back to the database (main library). It only counts plays that were made from my computer. Am I doing something wrong or is that how this script works? I can't really use it if it ignores what I play on my android. I'm sorry if this is addressed somewhere else but I didn't see it.
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/m9trdfvu
alexey2284

Post by alexey2284 »

tonykaz1 wrote:It doesn't seem to include any plays that were made on my Android device and then synced back to the database (main library). It only counts plays that were made from my computer. Am I doing something wrong or is that how this script works? I can't really use it if it ignores what I play on my android. I'm sorry if this is addressed somewhere else but I didn't see it.
I have the same problem.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

It's because MM stores "play data" two different ways. It has a play counter that is updated, which is just a numerical representation of how many times a song has been played. However, there is also a table in the database that stores the date/time of every play. When you play a file in MM, it updates both of these sources. However, when syncing a device (be it an Android, or iDevice), it only updates the play counter (without a corresponding date/time entry in the History table). That's because these devices don't store that data (although it's been requested that MMA store and sync this data).

This script pulls its data from the History table (where Date/Time of plays are stored), not from the Play Count field. Thus, it doesn't see the device plays, as it would be unable to determine when they were played for areas of this node like time of day, season, day/month/year, etc.
Ttable

Post by Ttable »

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to use this script.
I've installed it and restarted MediaMonkey.
What is a node?
Where is the Statistics node?

Thanks,
Ttable.

Post by Guest »

What is a node?
Basics here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ibrary/4.0
Where is the Statistics node?
At the bottom of the very first post:
3. Now you will see a new node at the end within each collection: "PlayHistory & Stats". Expand it have fun.
4. First use of either Chart-Node takes 1-2 minutes due to creation/update of a Week-table.
5. Also go to Tools->Options->Library->PlayHistory & Stats and alter the settings to your liking.
It's unfortunate that the images, to help you along, have been removed - but that should get you started.
Ttable

Post by Ttable »

Thanks for your reply.
Ok, under the Music node, at the bottom I can see the Play History and Stats node.
I can go to Statistics->Last Week->Tracks->Per WeekDay->Tuesday(5/3)

There are only 3 songs listed even though I played many more songs on that day.

How do I get it to display all the songs that I played on that day?
alexey2284

Post by alexey2284 »

Mizery_Made wrote:It's because MM stores "play data" two different ways. It has a play counter that is updated, which is just a numerical representation of how many times a song has been played. However, there is also a table in the database that stores the date/time of every play. When you play a file in MM, it updates both of these sources. However, when syncing a device (be it an Android, or iDevice), it only updates the play counter (without a corresponding date/time entry in the History table). That's because these devices don't store that data (although it's been requested that MMA store and sync this data).

This script pulls its data from the History table (where Date/Time of plays are stored), not from the Play Count field. Thus, it doesn't see the device plays, as it would be unable to determine when they were played for areas of this node like time of day, season, day/month/year, etc.
Well, is it possible to sync MediaMonkey database with my Last.fm play history including date/time of every play? Is there a way?
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Hi,
I know, It's older. But is there a way now, get it working with synced files from Iphone?
I see a playcounter and also last played date in MediaMonkey, for my files.
But, Play History & Stats Node won't recognize it and shows only songs, played in the Monkey directly :(

Best regards
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Maybe this could help: viewtopic.php?t=60850
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].