Play History & Stats Node 4.1.0 (2012-08-12)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Sgrom

Post by Sgrom »

Hey

Thanks for the speedy reply, ill make those changes ;)
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

Bex wrote: Btw, there will be no error fixing update today since I dont have the time.
You'll need to wait until tomorrow for that!

/Bex
That's okay. I can wait.

<waits>

<taps fingers on keyboard>

<waits some more>

Now midnight has past, and a new day dawned (um, midnighted) - and still no fix! Sheesh, tardy programmers always missing their deadlines.

Just kidding :) Take your time.

By the way, I like the new total played listings on many of the nodes.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Ver 3.1 (2006-10-17)
- Bugfix, Fixed some annoying bugs introduced in 3.0

I hope i fixed everyone of them. Let me know if you still find any!

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

There still seems to be a problem with Spring, Summer, and Winter

I've checked under
Statistics --> Last Week --> Songs
Statistics --> Last Week --> Artist
Statistics --> Last Week --> Album

I don't have time for more checking tonight. All the other entries under those nodes seem to be working.
Bex

Post by Bex »

It works fine for me!
What error do you get?

Do anyone else have problems or does it work fine for you?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

No error appears, but nothing happens:
1) when I click on the season name, the playlist window doesn't populate, and
2) when I click on the "+", it vanishes and the node doesn't expand.

Autumn works fine, but the other three don't.
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

Doh!
Of course, there's no data in "Last Week" for the other seasons, since it's currently Autumn.

Oops :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Exactly!
:D

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

Update: I've fiddled around with the new features now, and I like very much.

The only thing I can think of adding (there's always something ;)):
At present, you get a report of the total plays in (say) a week.
Then below that node, you have Songs, Artists, Albums, etc.

What I'd like is for the Artists, Albums,etc. names to include the total number of those played in the given period (week, month, season, ever - whatever).

Lastfm tells you how many unique artists (and, I think, albums) you've played in its weekly report if you view that page, and I have sometimes found that interesting.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks for the suggestion!
Yeah, I've been thinking to add that myself. We'll see what the next version contains.

/Bex

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I'm looking forward to whatever you add.
It's definitely my favourite script. It adds a whole new way to interact with MM. We have that database lurking in the background, and now a simple way to access it. Excellent.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated
Ver 3.2 (2006-10-20)
- Added a custom period search node in the statistics node
- Added distinct count numbers in some nodes
- Fixed hide playcount if same as in parentnode now works in all trackstat nodes

I would like to know if the "Custom Period Search" -node works as it should for everybody.
It could possibly be a problem with it.
Sorry for the forced date format "YYYMMDD" but there are no "date controls" in MM scripting so i had to tweak existing functionality.

Pls also report any bugs you find and of course a comment if you like it! :D

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I love the custom search.
I had a few problems, as I was changing the month and leaving the rest alone. Of course, if I selected a month that didn't have 31 days I'd get an error.
I'd recommend having some code to check if "days" > "days in month" set "days" = "days in month"
I know the user should know better, but given the lack of proper date handling, I doubt I'll be the only one who makes this mistake.

(By the way, on the error box, there's a mispelling: "dubbel click" --> "Double Click")

What about this as a better way of entering dates:
Include two rows of three boxes:
Start: Day Month Year
End: Day Month Year

And then in your script, you put the dates together into the format you need.

Can you create input boxes with six boxes?
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

One thing I sometimes want to do:
Open up a song, album or artist node and look for a specific entry.
Say, I want to find Blue Oyster Cult, and find out how how many plays they've had.

With the entries sorted in order of plays, it can often be hard to find them.
Now sorting by plays is the sensible thing to do, and I wouldn't want to lose that.
But having the option to sort output alphabetically would also be useful as an option.
Either a duplicate set of nodes, or some kind of flag you can click to get it to change layout.
The custom node works on a double click - so maybe one way would be by double clicking a node, it sorts the entries alphabetically, and another double click and it's back to normal.

Is something like that do-able?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, it's possible to add six boxes and even make some smart coding that populate the boxes depending on the values in the other boxes. I was actually thinking of doing that but it was a bit to difficult for me and perhaps also overdoing it...

I fixed the spelling error (dubbel is Swedish...)

I like the sort order thing. I'll look into it and see if I can do something, but it might take a while... (It wont be with a double click though since that is the same thing as expanding the node.)

All My Scripts