Play History & Stats Node 4.1.0 (2012-08-12)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I thought the spelling was probably a translation thing. :)

For the Sort:
The Song Choice script has an approach that you may be able to use.
This has a Filter Results node; under that are two more nodes: By Artist and By Genre. When you open either of those nodes, there is a list of artists or genres - but at the top of that list is is a button which changes from "Enable" to "Disable" and back again when you click it.
It looks like the perfect approach if you can adapt it.

Another request:
In the Statistics node, when you drill down to a results node you get a list of artists, songs, or whatever, which might look like this:
(343) Therion

What I'd like is to also see a number showing the ranking, so you might have:
(343) Therion (13th)

There's definitely the danger of the display getting a bit cluttered. but it would be nice to be able to see. Whether the Rank was displayed or not isn't something a user would want want to change frequently - either they'd like it or not. So maybe an option you could enable or disable within the script file would be fine for this - if you adopted it, that is :)

Edited to add URL for Song Choice script.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see what I can do!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

Bex,

Thanks for putting the time into such an elaborate script. I have not been able to utilize it, however, because of I am still getting the "phntmpIds" error below consistently whenever I select any subnode. I have downloaded and installed v3.2.

Any suggestions? Thanks again.
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi A_Disciple,

Hmm, that shouldn't happen...
The script do create a temporary table called phntmpIds at startup which seems to fail in your case. I dont understand why?

Are you sure you installed the new version over the old version so you only have one copy of the script in the Script/Auto folder?

Try this:
1. Simply restart MM and see if it works
2. If not, reinstall the script and do a restart.
3. You could also try to restart your PC
4. You could also try to (re)install the Windows Script 5.6. Your's may have been corrupt?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en

What OS do you have?
Do you use MM in a multiuser enviroment?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

A_Disciple

Other things you could try:

1. Reinstall the appropriate versions of MDAC and/or MS Jet for your OS.

2. Compact the Database (backup the DB first). Can be done from within MM.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks guest, that's probably the cause of the problem!

A_Disciple,
Here's the links:
1. Install the latest MDAC (2.8)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/download ... .aspx#MDAC

2. Install the latest MS Jet update (4.0 SP8) - choose correct OS version
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/download ... t.aspx#jet

All My Scripts
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

Bex wrote:Thanks guest, that's probably the cause of the problem!

A_Disciple,
Here's the links:
1. Install the latest MDAC (2.8)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/download ... .aspx#MDAC

2. Install the latest MS Jet update (4.0 SP8) - choose correct OS version
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/download ... t.aspx#jet
Bex and guest -

I tried updating MDAC and MS Jet, but both updates stated that the version on my computer is newer than the one I am trying to install.

I also deleted the script from the auto folder and created a new one, but unfortunately the problem persists.

the only thing I did not do compact the database (was I am unsure about trying this).

Your help is appreciated.
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
Bex

Post by Bex »

So you have a newer version than the latest??

What OS do you have?

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I wonder if some other program has modified files in those two installs, or they have become corrupted somehow? (There could be a benign reason: maybe a microsoft update has modified them?)
I'd suggest creating a restore point, then going through with the Jet and MDAC installs - overwriting the 'newer' files.

Post by Guest »

A_Disciple

Re: Compacting.

I've used this several times with my MM database. I've never had a problem with it (but always make a backup, just in case).

For more info on compacting - read the following MS knowledge base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288631/
Bex

Post by Bex »

Compact the database is a good thing todo and should be done periodically e.g. once a week. It should also always be done after big jobs has been done within MM.

All My Scripts
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

I will try compacting the database and report results.

I am running winXP SP2 and basically just use the auto update feature.
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
Bex

Post by Bex »

I really think there's a problem with your MDAC and/or MS Jet. So if compacting doesn't help try MeMeMe's suggestion:
I wonder if some other program has modified files in those two installs, or they have become corrupted somehow? (There could be a benign reason: maybe a microsoft update has modified them?)
I'd suggest creating a restore point, then going through with the Jet and MDAC installs - overwriting the 'newer' files.

All My Scripts
hhggrr

Post by hhggrr »

I had exactly the same problem and it started right after installing Windows Updates. I updated the script with the new one and that fixed it.

Post by Guest »

hhggrr,

That makes sense. Their were some security fixes for MDAC in XP SP2, which effectively made the MDAC version 2.82. There isn't a standalone version of 2.82 - it's specific to xp sp2 (as far as I can tell).