Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

chrisjj

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix docs

Post by chrisjj »

Are there some fuller docs somewhere? To example e.g. what "smart contains" does.

Thanks.
Chris
chrisjj

Enhancement request - rexep comparison mode

Post by chrisjj »

On Find More From Same: AutoSearch it would be good for Search for tracks with... fields to have a comparison option that applies a user-set regexp replace before comparison. I would like this so that I can exclude the notes that I put in tracks' Title field inside [...].

The regexp would be a single pattern available to all fields, and the replacement would be null, so e.g. " \[.*\]" would exclude all my notes.

Thanks.
Chris
thefaceman

Re: REQ: How do I create an icon short for Adv Dup script?

Post by thefaceman »

thefaceman wrote:I have about 70000 files, so you can imagine I use this script A LOT... THANKS for this script btw.

Because I use it a lot, I would like to know how to create an icon that will jump to this 'node' in the tree so I can run this script without navigating through the tree?

Thanks in advance :D
Is there a different thread where I should post this question?

nynaevelan

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.7.4 (2010-08-21)

Post by nynaevelan »

thefaceman: do a search for the favorite nodes script, that should do it.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

nynaevelan wrote:thefaceman: do a search for the favorite nodes script, that should do it.

Nyn
That worked. Thanks :D
jgm7683

Post by jgm7683 »

I noticed something that's missing not only from this script, but doesn't seem to have been thought of yet...
Is there a way to search for duplicates in such a way as to show them and all copies ONLY if they're under a certain folder?
Let's say, for example, you have duplicates in each of the folders:
file 1:
C:\a
D:\a
file 2:
C:\a
E:\a

Searching for duplicates for D:\a will only show file 1, likewise searching for duplicates for E:\a would show only file 2, where searching for duplicates under C:\a will show both

Reason: I've got over 5000 duplicates (5570 last count) because I had a couple drives go bad, and recovered the data in several ways... trying to cut out duplicates (which thanks to WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER aren't exact copies... grrrrrrrrrrrrr) and I'd like to have a way to filter them out a little more easily than just en-masse.

The only way I can think of doing it right now is to remove all files from the database, add one of the restore folders, then add a folder from the second, then another folder after going through those, etc. etc. Some have bad tags, some have bad data, but I can't really go through them all at once - maybe 200 a day average. What I'm hoping to do is to go through a folder's data, then anything left that wasn't tagged as a duplicate, I can play from both locations to keep the good, discard the bad, but make sure the tags are right for the one I keep.

I don't see a way to do it with this script as it stands, but maybe somebody has done this or knows how to tweak the script?

Thank you...
- Jeff
tma

Post by tma »

agea wrote:Thanks for this script. It worked fine under XP.
Trying to install under Windows 7, MM 3.2.5.1306, running MM with admin rights, it doens't install:

Error message:
runtime error #9 ...
Subscript out of range: '[number: 4]'
....vbs, Line: 483, Column: 4

any suggestions?
Anyone figure this out yet? I'm getting the same error after installing MM4 beta a couple weeks ago and then having MM lock up a time or two. Had this script working under the beta until this happened. Tried uninstall and reinstall, no joy.

Now have latest MM4 (RC-5) (complete uninstall MM3 & reinstall MM4), reinstalled all scripts from scratch but still getting error on this one. Win 7/64-HP. I found line 483, col 4 in the script, but don't have a clue when it comes to scripts?

Thanks
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

tma wrote:
agea wrote:Thanks for this script. It worked fine under XP.
Trying to install under Windows 7, MM 3.2.5.1306, running MM with admin rights, it doens't install:

Error message:
runtime error #9 ...
Subscript out of range: '[number: 4]'
....vbs, Line: 483, Column: 4

any suggestions?
Anyone figure this out yet? I'm getting the same error after installing MM4 beta a couple weeks ago and then having MM lock up a time or two. Had this script working under the beta until this happened. Tried uninstall and reinstall, no joy.

Now have latest MM4 (RC-5) (complete uninstall MM3 & reinstall MM4), reinstalled all scripts from scratch but still getting error on this one. Win 7/64-HP. I found line 483, col 4 in the script, but don't have a clue when it comes to scripts?

Thanks

I have the exact same problem. Hope there will be an update for mm4. This is one of my most used scripts. Thanks!
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

It's working now! I edited the script ini file, where I deleted the advanced duplicated part. And reinstalled it again. After two attempts it worked. :D
tma

Post by tma »

Dennis wrote:It's working now! I edited the script ini file, where I deleted the advanced duplicated part. And reinstalled it again. After two attempts it worked. :D
Dennis,

Glad to hear you got it working! Still struggling here! Could you be a little more specific on what you did to fix it? What and where is the advanced duplicated part?

Thanks
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

tma wrote:
Dennis wrote:It's working now! I edited the script ini file, where I deleted the advanced duplicated part. And reinstalled it again. After two attempts it worked. :D
Dennis,

Glad to hear you got it working! Still struggling here! Could you be a little more specific on what you did to fix it? What and where is the advanced duplicated part?

Thanks
Close MM and locate the Scripts.ini file (it is in your scripts map somewhere), open it in notepad and then delete the whole section named [AdvDupeFindFix]. Then reinstall the script. It solved the problem for me. I hope it will work.

Dennis
tma

Post by tma »

Dennis wrote:
tma wrote:
Dennis,

Thanks
Close MM and locate the Scripts.ini file (it is in your scripts map somewhere), open it in notepad and then delete the whole section named [AdvDupeFindFix]. Then reinstall the script. It solved the problem for me. I hope it will work.

Dennis
Dennis,

I thought that is what you were talking about but I had no entry in the scripts.ini file for [AdvDupeFindFix] (I had uninstalled it), thought it might be something else.

Thanks for clarifying.
Lyndon

Post by Lyndon »

Dennis
Dennis,
Using XP Pro, and didn't find it listed either. Everything is duplicate. Do I need to uninstall MM 4 completely and start again?
Thanks,
Lyndon
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Lyndon wrote:

Dennis
Dennis,
Using XP Pro, and didn't find it listed either. Everything is duplicate. Do I need to uninstall MM 4 completely and start again?
Thanks,
Lyndon
I just find out, that with MM4 the file to edit is the MediaMonkey.ini file. There is the [AdvDupeFindFix] section. Maybe that will work. Good luck!

Dennis
wutzin

Post by wutzin »

I think I have encountered a bug with this script while running under MM4:
when right-clicking on a track in the Now Playing node, the menu entries do show up, but are inactive/greyed-out.
When I select the very same track in a different node, the menu works just fine.

I did not have this issue before upgrading to MM4 - ie the menu entries worked always when right-clicking on a track, irrespective of what node one was in...