Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

CMTI

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.7.4 (2010-08-21)

Post by CMTI »

I can't find the Script in my version of the System. I don't have a tab called "Files to Edit"!! I loaded the latest product version, downloaded the script (twice), re-loaded the program, NO HELP!

Where can I find the downloaded script?

Jim Nyman
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

It's under "Files to edit" in the left heiarchy pane. Expand Music, then expand Files to Edit, click Duplicate Content.
Rojer

Post by Rojer »

[Edit: Solved. see message bottom]
Hi everyone,

Does someone have an experience with using this script to BPM tag Flac or Ogg files ? I am refering to BPM mixmeister that does not support these codecs.

It looks like it just can do that but I seem to have a hard time finding my way around the logic.

So far, I copied all my flac and ogg files with a quick mp3 preset, analyzed them with MixMeister (which filled the BPM field in metadata). I created a filter in library, so to have only duplicate tracks to work with.

I understand that I can delete the mp3 files and transfer playlists and play history but I'm not sure about the BPM field. I created an "auto action" with a shortcut to copy the field but I can't see how or where to launch it. Do I need to use the suggestion nodes and copy paste ? I can't get a many-to-many or list-to-list option... I certainly don't understand well the script UI.

This script is so great and can do so much that I doubt it has any equivalent anywhere. If someone could enlighten me on how to use the meta data transfer, that would help. So far I'm stuck in the interface and it is obvious that it's me not getting it.

Thanks again for this nifty app. After making duplicate management a breeze, It seems to be on the way to help add BPM to lossless audio in MediaMonkey :)

Roger.

[Edit]
I can confirm that this script can indeed be used along MixMeister BPManalyzer to populate Bpm tags on Flac and ogg files. I failed at first, for not understanding how the script works. As a result, I was attempting to copy/paste tags from one set of file to a DIFFERENT set. The reason the two sets of files were different was that some duplicates were >2 entries.

Once I got rid of all dupes above 2, the script managed to transfer bpm information from 5.000 mp3 files to their flac and ogg versions in 20 minutes, on a 3.5ghz i7 computer, MM database (630MB) in ram.

Here's the detailed* process for those interested. This reflects my limited experience with this script and BPM tags. Feel free to improve on it, there certainly is room for it :)
If you don't have a tool to analyze Bpm, MusicMeister BPManalyzer is free but supports only mp3. It supports drag and drop from windows explorer, hence from MediaMonkey. Alternatively, you can add the program to the "ExternalTools" script

- Backup MM. db file.
- Optional : I like to change the Sql performance setting, as documented here to 0 or 1 before using intensive sql queries like the ones involved here :

Code: Select all

in Mediamonkey.ini:
[System]
SQLiteSafety=0
- Copy files to analyze in mp3 format, using a dedicated (temporary) root folder. Pick the quickest/lowest space setting, as long as the tool is still able to perform an accurate analysis.
- Have MM monitor this folder and subfolders. Alternatively, just add the folder to the library after analysis in next step.
- Select all flac/ogg files without bpm and drop them into MixMeister analyzer. Note that this will use only one core with hyper threading; if you have several thousands of files to analyze and want to speed up the process somewhat, you might gain some time by splitting the list among several instances with different cpu affinities. When I bpm-analyzed 100k+ mp3 files, I networked 4 computers with a gigabit router and had them use all their cores. That got some heat in the room but finished the job overnight.
- Set up a library filter including only flac and ogg files + temporary mp3 copies.
- Use ADFF with that filter on. Create an auto-action to transfer only BPM meta-information and delete from library without confirmation.
- Start searching for dupes >= 3. In delete suggestion nodes, copy bpm tags from the Mp3 files. In keep suggestion list, make sure you have the same number of files and paste.
- Do the same thing searching for >=2 dupes. You should have the same number of files in the delete and keep lists, which will allow to copy and paste.
On long lists, MM 3.2 behaves like it's hanged while the script is running. It's not. Windows task manager (or process explorer) will monitor process activity and show that it's just working, just failing to update its GUI. In case of crash, the db file will be updated to the point before the crash and the process can be resumed from where it stopped. This is of course unless the computer itself crashed, in which case the SQLiteSafety setting might have consequences to investigate. Don't forget you need a db backup, in any case before messing with this setting.
- After the script is finished, re-run a dupes search; should return empty. Check missing bpm information as well, there should be none.
- mp3 dummy files have been deleted from library but not from disk. Get rid of the root folder.
- Reset mediamonkey.ini to SQLiteSafety 1 or 2, unless you like the improved behavior (I do) and can live with database corruption (timely backups).
- Delete the new library filter, unless you plan to need it again.
- Perform a db maintenance.
- update db backup.
ripndip

Post by ripndip »

Nice Rojer, I will definetely come back to that when im at that point. I wish there was a favorite feature.

Bex, I am having lots of issues changing the selections of any other options or creating my own list to list setup. I get an issue each time and the settings never save. I remember in MM3 when I got this issue it was because of not being able to paste/copy db values.

Now im on MM4 and I disable those selections. What i try to do with your scripts is WIPE tags except for Artist - Title and rebuild. This helps me paste empty fields to 100s of files at once. However, I can't even save my setup in MM4.

What is your latest build and is it working with mm4?
MMuser2011

Re:

Post by MMuser2011 »

MarineBrat wrote:...It would be nice to have the ability to ignore songs with certain keywords. I know that you have a "Same Content OK List", but it seems that I have to put stuff in their one piece at a time, which is a nice feature in its own right, but I'd like to have a type of "exclude list" where I can identify songs to ignore.

In my particular instance I have "Billboard Top 100" songs from the 1940s through today, and there are hundreds of dupes between those songs and my regular collection. I'd like to say that if the album field contains or starts with Billboard, then don't consider the song when looking for dupes.
I'm looking too for some kind of "exclude list". In my case, it would really help, if I could enter some directories (like \billboard, \charts) to exclude.

I have not found any solution yet in this thread. Could someone please tell me, how I can do that, without checking every pair of duplicate for the existance of one of the above directories?
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
villageac

help with Custom Duplicate Search

Post by villageac »

I am a newbie, and although I'm a pretty good amateur techie, I have to confess I flounder a lot with MM (user for <1 week). I am slowly getting the hang of it but I'm stumped on this issue.
I ran a custom duplicate search for artist, title, album and extension - I have a bunch of files in both .MP3 and .WMA and I want to delete the .WMA files. I ran the search and in the left pane there are a bunch of files. I want to get all those files into the main pane on the right, sort them by extension, and then do a mass delete of the .WMA files. I can not figure out how to get all the files in the left pane (under Custom Duplicate Search) into the main pane to do this. I can only get one set of duplicates to appear in the main pane at once.
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
villageac

Re: help with Custom Duplicate Search

Post by villageac »

sorry - after messing with it for an hour - I clicked on add all tracks - i thought I had done that a few times with no results - but apparently I need to post on the forum first and THEN click on add all tracks.
Emily Latella (Nevermind!) signing off.
Vespango

Post by Vespango »

After installing MM 4.0.6.1500 my advanced duplicate entry in the menu bar disappeared?
It used to show up in the collection "Entire Library" "Files to edit"
Not sure if it is really related to the update, haven´t used it for a while just bought about 80 Tango CDs and have tons of duplicates which I need to sort out.
any idea?
Vespango

Post by Vespango »

I tried a few things: rolled back to an older version of MM, uninstalled advanced ...., uninstalled all scripts and extensions to see if there is any unwanted impact,cleaned mediamonkey.ini, extenson.ini, scripts.ini but nothing really changed it. installed advanced duplicate... as administrator for user as well as for all users did not make any difference

the advanced duplicates menu entry is still not showing up, I can see that it is installed in tools/options and tools/extensions
I can also use "find more from same" but what I really need is the "custom search for duplicates".

I really need some help here

Vespango wrote:After installing MM 4.0.6.1500 my advanced duplicate entry in the menu bar disappeared?
It used to show up in the collection "Entire Library" "Files to edit"
Not sure if it is really related to the update, haven´t used it for a while just bought about 80 Tango CDs and have tons of duplicates which I need to sort out.
any idea?
tellerd

Post by tellerd »

I'm using MM 4.0.6.1501 and this extension isn't working with it. I'm using v3.7.4.128 of the extension but every time I open MM, I get a popup with the following error:

Error #9 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Subscript out of range: '[number: 4]'
File: "C:\Programs\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\AdvancedDuplicateFindFixMM3.vbs, Line: 483, Column: 4

When I click OK I get another window with this code:

Error happened during script execution:

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix doesn't seem to be working at all with this version of MediaMonkey.
seewyte

Post by seewyte »

Awesome tool; don't know what I would of done all these years without it, but now on 4.0.6.1501, and I am experiencing as well. MM still opens and dups are listed. Have not yet confirmed accuracy of list.
Thanks for any ideas
tellerd wrote:I'm using MM 4.0.6.1501 and this extension isn't working with it. I'm using v3.7.4.128 of the extension but every time I open MM, I get a popup with the following error:

File: "C:\Programs\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\AdvancedDuplicateFindFixMM3.vbs, Line: 483, Column: 4

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix doesn't seem to be working at all with this version of MediaMonkey.
Claude_SD

Post by Claude_SD »

Hi,

when trying to start a manual search, I always get the error message:

isaac124

Post by isaac124 »

I installed this addon script and MM says it is installed under tools>extensions...

I restarted media monkey after checking that it was up to date (it was)

there is no advanced duplicate find and fix in the files to edit node of any of my collections?
isaac124

Post by isaac124 »

isaac124 wrote:I installed this addon script and MM says it is installed under tools>extensions...

I restarted media monkey after checking that it was up to date (it was)

there is no advanced duplicate find and fix in the files to edit node of any of my collections?
Toanswer my own question... the node is only found under one collection.. the original collection however you may have modified it...
hawkhalf

Post by hawkhalf »

I'm having the same problem. I used this extension quite often so I'm a bit sad it is not working anymore. Has anybody found a solution for this?

Best regards

hawkhalf

tellerd wrote:I'm using MM 4.0.6.1501 and this extension isn't working with it. I'm using v3.7.4.128 of the extension but every time I open MM, I get a popup with the following error: