Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

WimYogya

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.7.4 (2010-08-21)

Post by WimYogya »

It may sound stupid, but I expected to find the download location for this script here. Do I overlook that?
Instead I find a bewildering list of 960 posts...
For just-a-user that is even a bit scary: does the script really require that much discussion?
Will I then be able to drive this digital car, without having to look under the hood, permanently?
Wim - 67 - Dutchman in Yogyakarta/Indonesia
Acer Aspire 6935 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2.26 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR3, 320 GB hard disk, 1 CD/DVD-writer, 3 external drives (3Tb + 1Tb + 1Tb) - Windows 7 Ultimate - MM4.0.6.1498 debug and updating if necessary
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

WimYogya wrote:It may sound stupid, but I expected to find the download location for this script here. Do I overlook that?
Instead I find a bewildering list of 960 posts...
All links to scripts are always on the first post of the script topic.
WimYogya wrote:For just-a-user that is even a bit scary: does the script really require that much discussion?
Yes it does, some have more discussions than that. But for a script that is popular with users, there will be many discussions regarding bugs, improvements, enhancements etc.....
WimYogya wrote:Will I then be able to drive this digital car, without having to look under the hood, permanently?
With a lot of patience and reading yes you will, as I stated in the other post this is a very complex script that accomplishes many things, you need to

1. read through Bex's first post to get a basic understanding of what it will do
2. backup your database and/or files before starting anything
3. test on only a few files just to make sure you understand what you are doing and the script is doing what you want it to do
4. before asking questions, do a search through this topic, most questions have been asked and answered here
5. now that you have done all that, ask away with your questions

have fund :D
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Post by Bex »

Spot on, Nyn. Thanks!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
phantomwhale

Post by phantomwhale »

Bex wrote:Hmm, never seen that before. Line 483 is about the scripts settings which are stored in the mediamonkey.ini file.

Close MM and locate the ini file (search for it), open it up in notepad and then delete the whole section named [AdvDupeFindFix]
Same problem - same fix - same situation (moved from XP to Win7, only just got around to reinstalling this plugin). Wish this forum had a +1 or karma thumbs up thing - instead I'll have to add a big galouphing extra post to say THANKS both for the script and timely support.
WimYogya

Post by WimYogya »

Seems my db in MM3 is now ready for cleaning up.
First of all I wanted to find the absolute identical twins: duplicates with same artist, title, length, size, album, track.
Installed ADF&F, thought I did understand the basic principles easily, could create an advanced duplicate search - and the app found around 3000 sets.
Followed the instructions to create my keep-or-delete preferences: which file in the set must be kept.
But: just to be safe I marked all the files that were found suitable for deletion and compared them with the twin brother/sister.
It turned out that many of those presumed duplicate sets were in fact no sets, no duplicates: one of the files could not be accessed - no clue why not. The drive where they reside is accessible - it is the same drive where the accessible files are located.
But then, how can I be sure that the files I keep are really the GOOD ones? Otherwise I end up with a bunch of dead links after having removed the living ones.

I guess there is some protocol to find that out, so that I don't have to play them all one by one to test them.
Any suggestion or safe procedure?
Thanks.
Wim - 67 - Dutchman in Yogyakarta/Indonesia
Acer Aspire 6935 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2.26 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR3, 320 GB hard disk, 1 CD/DVD-writer, 3 external drives (3Tb + 1Tb + 1Tb) - Windows 7 Ultimate - MM4.0.6.1498 debug and updating if necessary
billzz

Post by billzz »

i have read this thread all the way through twice
and followed the step by step instructions to the best of my ability.
none of my duplicates got deleted.
so i have 9000 duplicates to delete one by one. :(
i bought the gold version in hopes that it would somehow make this chore easier. (oh well. it's to a good cause)

i been at at for an hour and just finished up the B,s

apparently i am not computer savvy enough to use the 65 pages of information provided here.
as far as i can tell.
if a guy didnt either get trained in the use of or grow up with computers.
this doesnt really work.
thank you anyway.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

billzz wrote:i have read this thread all the way through twice
i bought the gold version in hopes that it would somehow make this chore easier. (oh well. it's to a good cause)

apparently i am not computer savvy enough to use the 65 pages of information provided here.
as far as i can tell.
this doesnt really work.
thank you anyway.
It will work to help you identify the duplicates but it does not delete them. That being said, what are you doing to identify the duplicates, are you using the custom search or the Tracks with Same Content feature? If you post on what it is you are doing and what it is you want to accomplish, I am sure someone would be more than happy to assist you. There have been many users both computer savvy and computer illiterate who have been successful with this script and many of the other MM scripts.

billzz

Post by billzz »

nynaevelan wrote:
billzz wrote:i have read this thread all the way through twice

as far as i can tell.
this doesnt really work.
thank you anyway.
It will work to help you identify the duplicates but it does not delete them. That being said, what are you doing to identify the duplicates, are you using the custom search or the Tracks with Same Content feature? If you post on what it is you are doing and what it is you want to accomplish, I am sure someone would be more than happy to assist you. There have been many users both computer savvy and computer illiterate who have been successful with this script and many of the other MM scripts.
you folks are really nice
and you obviously want to help.
but i think i am going to hire a 12 year old to read this and then do what it says
either that or delete my entire library and load the 100's of cd's all over again.
btw
like the fool that i am
i wrote down and promptly lost my license key so i cannot use the m.m. gold i bought in my new computer (the old one died) anyway.
i sent in a ticket but no response.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

billzz wrote:i wrote down and promptly lost my license key so i cannot use the m.m.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=84
mshnryman

Need to find DRM'd duplicates

Post by mshnryman »

I am new to using MediaMonkey scripts, so I need a little help from the more experienced with what I'm trying to do here.

I am importing my large collection (100,000+ files) into MediaMonkey and I need to get rid of duplicates that are DRM'd.

I have seen a few scripts that look great, specifically FindProtected and Duplicate Report by triximoto & Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix by Bex, but I'm specifically looking to delete any songs where the condition is that I have both unprotected and protected, deleting the protected copy and keeping the unprotected, while still keeping any protected songs where the protected copy is the only one I have.

Is there a way to implement this script or the others to do this? Please give me some suggestions as to how I should go about this, without taking hours to individually click them all!
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

You could use Trixmoto's script to id them and add some text in one of the custom columns, then when you run this one and identify the pairs, you can get rid of the protected one.

mshnryman

Thank You!

Post by mshnryman »

I'm pretty sure I'm picking up what you're throwing down and if I do it right, your idea sounds like a great one to get the job done! Thanks very much for the suggestion! The program is still importing, so I will run the scripts and input the custom info when it is done, and I'll post back on what hopefully will have been a success.

Post by Guest »

nynaevelan wrote:You could use Trixmoto's script to id them and add some text in one of the custom columns, then when you run this one and identify the pairs, you can get rid of the protected one.
As it turns out, that was a great idea in theory but a hard way to go in practice. The process was flawless, but the problem is that it takes MediaMonkey a VERY long time to tag a large collection.

I ended up spending a little over 2 hours selecting every duplicate by first sorting by location and selecting all in the DRM'd location, then sorting again by Title and then going through the entire list looking for clusters of 3 selected files (since a normal pattern would be either (DRM, unprotected, DRM, unprotected) or (Unprotected, DRM, DRM, Unprotected) or vice versa (3+ selected DRM files in a row meaning that there are 2+ DRM'd of the same name (eg different albums with the same song) so one of those two needed to be deselected)

That process got rid of about 30,000 duplicates and I am going to have to make another pass once I import the rest of the library to get rid of ~15,000 more.
It would be nice if there were a quicker and less laborious method of doing this, so I'm still up for suggestions.
BLueSS

Post by BLueSS »

I just wanted to add I needed a copy & paste for multiple tags at once, and this script was just what I needed.
Scripts like this are why MediaMonkey will continue to be my only music management software. Thanks for this script!
thefaceman

REQ: How do I create an icon short for Adv Dup script?

Post by thefaceman »

I have about 70000 files, so you can imagine I use this script A LOT... THANKS for this script btw.

Because I use it a lot, I would like to know how to create an icon that will jump to this 'node' in the tree so I can run this script without navigating through the tree?

Thanks in advance :D