Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!
BPM? I'll see when I get the time to add it. But you are of course free to change the script to your liking.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

Re: Installing problems

Post by Guest »

Maaspuck wrote:Hi Bex and all others,

this script seems to be great and is exactly what I have been looking for. But unfortunately is doesn't seem to work on my computer.

I copied the source code to file named "AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs" in my program folder "F:\Programme\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto" and ran the MediaMonkey (version 2.5.4.978)... and nothing happened. I didn't get any new script in the "tools/scripts" menu or anywhere else.

The I changed the "scripts.ini" manually with the following part:

[AdvancedDuplicateFindFix]
FileName=AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs
ProcName=AdvancedDuplicateFindFix
Order=40
DisplayName=Find duplicate files...
Description=Find duplicate files...
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0

Now I got an entry in the corresponding menu but after starting the script I just got an error-message "Error #13" in line 1, column 0.

Do you think this could be a translation problem, because I am using a german language file on a german Windows. But usually I think that object.names and other names used in scripts should remain the same when using different languages in the user interface.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this issue?

Thanks for answering

Maaspuck
Bex

Post by Bex »

Moderator, please remove this post!
Last edited by Bex on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Moderator, please remove this post!
Last edited by Bex on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated
Ver 1.8 (2007-02-12)
- Added Album Artist and BPM to Custom Search
- Added possibily to limit Custom Search on Artist and/or Album
- Added Selection info node and Limitation Info node in Custom Search
- Fixed minor cosmetics and glitches

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

PERFECT !

I wonder what else u might add....maybe the possibility to make a good coffee :D

congratulation
Alocrius

script error

Post by Alocrius »

I get an error on line 70, column 0, and the script will not execute\compile. I did follow the install directions exactly. #1024 i think...
Q: Why didn't the Buddhist monk vacuum the corners of his room?

A: He had no attachments.
Bex

Post by Bex »

It looks like you somewhat fail in copy the script exactly as it is. What text editor do you use? Notepad?

And what is the exact error you get?

All My Scripts
Strider

error on duplicate find script

Post by Strider »

I keep getting an error whenever I try to run the script from mediamonkey:

Error #13 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Type mismatch: 'Duplicate Find'
File: "D:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\DuplicateFind.vbs", Line 1, Column: 0

I have the scripts.ini file and DuplicateFind.vbs script up for download here:

http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~gord7167/Scripts.ini
http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~gord716 ... teFind.vbs

Please check and tell if there is something wrong here, because this is getting frustrating.

Thanks!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi Strider,

You don't need an entry in the Scripts.ini file for this script.
Remove the part you have added to the scripts.ini file and move the script to the Scripts\Auto folder and restart MM.

Then expand the "Files To Edit"-Node, at the bottom you will find a new node "Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix". Expand it an have fun!

PS I just copied the script in your second link and it works perfectly on my computer!

All My Scripts
latinmusiclover

Post by latinmusiclover »

Can I make a suggestion that would make it easier and people wouldn't need to change the View File settings? Here goes:

Install instructions:
1) Goto "Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto" folder. Right click and select New -> Text Document. Double-click the created New Text Document.
2) Copy and Paste all the green text found in this post (part one) into the file. Press <Enter> if the cursor isn't on a new line below the pasted text.
4) Copy and Paste all the green text found in the next post (part two) to the end of first paste.
5) Select File -> Save As. Name the new file AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs, then tab to or click on the "Save as type:" listbox and select "All Files", and click "Save". Confirm that the saved file has the VBS icon no the text icon.
6) (Re)start MediaMonkey

If a person uses the "Save as type:" "All Files" option the extension typed will always be the extension of the new file. this way no-one has to change any settings.

Hope that helps. :-)
Bex wrote: ]Install instructions:
1) Goto "Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto" folder. Right click and create a txt file.
2) Name it AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs
Make sure the icon is a VBS icon. i.e. the file isn't named AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs.txt
To always display all filenames with extension in explorer, do this:
a. In explorer, go to Tools->Folder Options->View Tab
b. Uncheck "hide file extensions for known file types"
3) Copy all the green text found in the first link (part one) into the file.
4) Add all the green text found in the second link (part two) to the end of the file and save it.
5) (Re)start MediaMonkey[/code]

Post by Guest »

this is awesome, loved it.
suggestion.
possible to add in genre in the custom search as well?
Thanks!
limex

Post by limex »

This script is GREAT!
I always wonder how people are able to handle their music database without MM and the great scripts by this community.
1000000 THX
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!

Also check out the new update of Tagging Inconsistencies which i'm sure you will like.

Genre?
I'll see when i get the time to implement it.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

A quick note just to inform interested that the script now can be downloaded as a zip file and therefore it's much easier to install. (When I get the time I will try to make an installer with the script which of course will make it even easier to install.)

The download link is in the first post.

All My Scripts