Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

That's excellent. It was always quite a pain to copy and paste.
FPF422

Post by FPF422 »

OK, don't laugh... but I have 22043 duplicates... any tip on deleting those quickly (instead of doing it one by one)?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Auch, that is quite a lot!

Perhaps you can add them all to the main window and do some smart sorting there? (e.g. sort on path.)
Is there an explanation why you have so many i.e. is there a pattern?
Are they all "single files" or complete albums?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
HavePh8

Post by HavePh8 »

I'm having a similar problem with TONS of duplicate. What happened is I changed the drive letter of my drive that had all the mp3s. Since it was in use at the time it created a new "drive".

Then, what happened next I'm not too sure of. Either I did a scan on the newly added drive letter or it did it by itself when I reopened Mediamonkey, but now I have duplicates of ALL my tracks.

I have downloaded and installed your script. it is currently analyzing the tracks but I wanted to ask, as I haven't seen it mentioned, can I do a scan for same file paths and have it auto delete the duplicates? I have so many albums it would take forever to go and delete the duplicates manually.

Thanks
Bex

Post by Bex »

Check out Files to edit-> Dead links

But first check out this post:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 3794#63794

No sorry I have not implemented any auto delete since I believe it's to risky.
But I will implement something to make it easier to delete unwanted duplicates but I don't know when.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
HavePh8

Post by HavePh8 »

Unfortunately, the path changed to the H drive too on those files so I end up with 2 working songs pointing to the same file. If only they were dead I could simply run the Maintain Library and be done with it.

I guess I might as well clear it and start over..

Thanks for the help.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I see, if you have MS Access you could try this:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 9110#69110

Scroll up two posts to get instructions.

All My Scripts
HavePh8

Post by HavePh8 »

I'll take a look. Thank you!
Inspired

Error

Post by Inspired »

Hi Bex,
Just added this cool looking script to MM 2.x
I get the following error when I start up MM

-----------
Error #429 - Microsoft VBscript Runtime error
ActiveX component can't create object: 'ADODB.Connection
----------
Then it refers to line 75 column 2 in your file.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jonathan
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi Inspired,

Read and do this, and it should be OK:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14405

All My Scripts
Inspired

Post by Inspired »

Bex wrote:Hi Inspired,

Read and do this, and it should be OK:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14405
Thanks. Did that and it registered okay. Restarted my PC and still same issue.
I have now installed the scripting components recommended on that post and after a reboot the issue remains. Darn. It also happens with the great looking TaggingInconsistencies script you've provided on another thread.
I am now hunting around on Google to see if I can find any answer to this. You're scripts look great so I'd really like to sort this out. If you've got any ideas please let me know.
Could there be any kind of permissions issue with Windows security or something like that?

Somewhere I saw MDAC version issues mention re this problem. Just so you know, I have MDAC 2.8 SP1 on WINDOWS XP SP2

Cheers,
Jonathan
Inspired

FIXED

Post by Inspired »

Okay... I managed to fix this.
I am not sure which change actually resulted in it working.
One was to register msado15.dll with the following DOS command:
regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msado15.dll

The other was to set the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0 value 1201 to "0" (it was set to "1" initially)

This 1201 setting is for allowing windows to "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" in the Local Computer Security Zone. If it is set to 1 it is meant to prompt you. If you set it to 3 then this is disabled completely. Setting it to 0 opens it right up which should not be an issue on a clean computer with a good virus scanner and the like.

I shall set this back to 1 shortly and see if that was what allowed this to run or not.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Glad you sorted it out!

The ActiveX reg tweak isn't needed for this script or Tagging Inconsistencies since they doesn't use ActivX. But other scripts do...

I hope you'll enjoy the scripts.

Cheers
/Bex

All My Scripts
thefaceman

Does this script do the following - Find Non-Duplicates

Post by thefaceman »

Wow there are a lot of posts to this thread. And yet I could not determine if it did either of the following. I am willing to re-read it if someone could point me to the instructions.

FYI -
I have 35000 mp3 files in my database.
I have about 500 CDs.
I have about 200 backup mp3 file CDs.
So you can see I need to do some cleanup.

I want to put my CD into my CD drive and compare the songs on the CD node to my Library and file the NON duplicate - Artist Title, BUT better yet I need to make sure that the NON duplicate includes the bit-rate.

The reason is simple if I have a 128 (or other non 320) version of the song in my Library then I want to re-rip my CD to get a better version.

The same thing for my backup CDs with MP3 files on it.
Compare Artist - Title and bitrate. If the song is missing entirely from the library or if the Artist - Title matches but is a higher bit rate than the one in my library then list it in a NON- duplicate node.
Bex

Post by Bex »

No, sorry but this script doesn't work that way. Perhaps trixmoto's duplicate report could be something to check out?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16681

All My Scripts