Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I received an error regarding this script, though forgive me as I didn't catch the first part because I clicked it off as a reflex action.

Either way, my music was just playing along just fine, a good half-way or so into a song and I get pop-up error regarding Find & Fix, though like I said, my first reflex was to click it off. I do seem to recall it pointing to line 171 or so, sure that's not much help though, specially since I'm not even positive that was it.

I then received a "Error executing script event" notice with which I was presented with another when clicking that one off, and another and another until I then received a third notice. "Access violation at address 00638609 in module 'MediaMonkey.exe'. Read of address 00000040"

After clicking that one off, all is fine until I try and click anywhere within Monkey which simply prompts another "Error executing script event"

If I can catch this error again, I'll be sure to right the Line & Column down from the first pop up. Until then... *Shrugs, closes down Monkey before starting it up again*
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, try to catch the exact error and on what line it appeared next time and I will look into it.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

thefaceman wrote:Wow there are a lot of posts to this thread. And yet I could not determine if it did either of the following. I am willing to re-read it if someone could point me to the instructions.

FYI -
I have 35000 mp3 files in my database.
I have about 500 CDs.
I have about 200 backup mp3 file CDs.
So you can see I need to do some cleanup.

I want to put my CD into my CD drive and compare the songs on the CD node to my Library and file the NON duplicate - Artist Title, BUT better yet I need to make sure that the NON duplicate includes the bit-rate.

The reason is simple if I have a 128 (or other non 320) version of the song in my Library then I want to re-rip my CD to get a better version.

The same thing for my backup CDs with MP3 files on it.
Compare Artist - Title and bitrate. If the song is missing entirely from the library or if the Artist - Title matches but is a higher bit rate than the one in my library then list it in a NON- duplicate node.
This should now be possible to do with the latest update using "Find More From Same, Custom Search" since it also works on tracks not in the library.

Let me know if it does!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Huge Update!
Ver 2.0 (2007-06-30)
- Added "Find from more same, Custom search"
- Added copy all MM supported tags
- Trixmoto has added copy AlbumArt
- Improved Transfer database values
- Added "Copy MetaData" and "Paste MetaData" functionality between any songs
- Added new confirmation window when Drag&Drop and Copy/Paste (HTML by Trixmoto)
- Added selection is remembered in "Custom Duplicate Search" window
- Plus many more things

Please goto the first post to get more instructions and the download link.

Enjoy!
/Bex & Trixmoto

All My Scripts
Peke

Post by Peke »

Wow, a team up. Great to see that MM is evolving.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I was happy to get involved, this is a really incredible script! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks guys!

I uploaded some images of the new functionality in the first post, so it's easier to see what it can do.

All My Scripts

genre

Post by Guest »

Great to see the awesome new function.

I've requested this before...but..can you add genre to the Custom Duplicate Search?
Please...
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

Ooh, looks like a nice update. I look forward to trying out the new features.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks guys!

@Guest
I forgot about the genre it'll make it into the next release :D

@MeMeMe
Let me know what you think!

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated
Ver 2.1 (2007-07-03)
- Added Genre and Year to "Custom Duplicate Search"
- Added Genre and Year to "Find from more same, Custom search"
- Added Selection info Node to "Find from more same, Custom search"
- Changed ShortCut for PasteMetaData to "Shift+Ctrl+V"

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

Hopefully, you won't update it again before I have time to test it this time :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, but I got inspired! :lol:

All My Scripts
kookykrazee

Post by kookykrazee »

Bex wrote:Thanks guys!

@Trixi,
Awaiting report :wink:

@Mizery_Made,
Only two dups? Just add them to the OK-list since you want to keep them.

@Teknojnky,
861 dups :o
I had like 500 and thought I was in the top but you bet me big time!
I'm down to 400 now and eventually all will be OK'ed or deleted.

Regarding not be able to "Add to OK-List" from the "same content" subnode. It's intentional to force you to look at the tracks, so you dont miss anything... I might change it in the next version.
Man I guess I did a better job cleaning up my files than I thought..lol.

I ONLY had 249 duplicates out of 55k files. Too bad I haven't organized all my live shows yet. That should add another 60-75k tracks to my library..lol.

Thanks for this great script :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!
Glad you liked it.

All My Scripts