Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

TJOHO's last post was very timely. I had just been trying to do this, and couldn't get it to work but his instructions showed me where I was going wrong. (Thanks, TJOHO!)
I suggest copying his setp-by-step instructions to your intro post.

On the plus side, I like this script a lot.
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Sorry, Bex, I should have made that clear: the script is great! Since my last post, I've been moving a lot of play history and getting rid of Greatest Hits tracks.
I should mention that I use your advanced stat and play history node as well (that's part of the reason why I need to do this). That node is just amazing!

:D

@MeMeMe: you're welcome! I've gotten so much help on this forum, it's good to see I'm making a small contribution as well.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks guys!

I reread my lousy instructions on the first page and will change them into something understandable.

The reason I made "Merge Play History" with drag & drop is exactly what you stated TJOHO. It's not correct to delete a duplicate song that has been played without "transfer" its play history to the duplicate you keep. There are so many scripts/reports which use that info to work correctly. My "Play History & Stat" script is one of them.

I also have an update of this script. I've added some wishes and fixed some minor glitches but it's a bit buggy right now so we'll see when I post it.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated!
Ver 1.3 (2006-11-19)
- Added, Add tracks to main window from Same Content node
- Added, Add/Remove to/from Ok-lists now works everywhere
- Minor bug fixes and changes

Sometimes, not often, there is an script error with the Drag & Drop feature (even though it works great). I've tried to fix it but I have not succeeded completely. So I would like to get reports on problems you experience with this. It is not any dramatic errors or something that will harm your data!

Enjoy!
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Miki

Post by Miki »

First off thanks for the pointing from http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 8287#68287 :)

I installed the script and when i do the drag&drop like instructed on the first page i get this Access Violation error:

Using 2.5.5.980
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I've been getting a few of those, too, when I use this script. It comes and goes.
If I click OK, another identical dialog pops up instantly, and this repeats a couple of times, and then it goes away.
Once I had it crash with an error in the findduplicate script's vbs file, too.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I get these errors too. And I have failed to change the script so they go away. I think I need help from Jiri here....

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated

Ver 1.4 (2006-12-10)
- Add tracks to main window now works from Custom Search Node
- Added Bitrate and FileType to Custom Search

Regarding various bugs with Drag & Drop I have tried to change some code which seems to make them less frequent.
I have two computers and the strange thing is that I get a lot of errors on one of them while the other almost never gives any errors??
The script could perhaps be incompatible with other auto-scripts? I need to investigate that further...
Any help on this is highly appreciated.

/Bex

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

The "Add to OK List" option seems to have vanished from the right-click shortcut menu. How do I do this now?

Also, I'm not sure, but I think it added a song with 8 plays to a song with 2 plays and got 16 plays, which would be a bit worrying. I can't be sure this happened, and I don't have a database backup to check.
Miki

Post by Miki »

I should state - the action still works correctly.
It does copy across the things you tell it to, just that you get that error afterwards, sometimes.
It's not all the time, only sometimes which i think is a bit odd.
I was doing it on tracks that were all exactly the same to another set that were identical. Only difference was bit rate.

I didnt mind closing MM after each transfer, as its a superb feature!

My Auto-Scripts:
AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs
AutoRateSongs.vbs
AutoRateSongsOptionSheet.vbs
Backup.vbs
BatchArtFinder.vbs
EditMenu_TitleArtist.vbs
JustPlaySomething.vbs
MonkeyRok.vbs
Node_NotStandardRating.vbs
NP_Randomize.vbs
PlayHistoryNode.vbs
ResumePlay.vbs
ScrobblerDJConfig.vbs
SynchronizeRating.vbs
TweakMonkeyConfig.vbs
UnAutoOrganised.vbs

Cheers, Mike.

EDIT - Just updated to newest version - the 1st one worked perfect, now getting this error:
Error# -2147418113 -
File "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs" , Line 166, Column 2
Then:
Error Executing Script Event

Other times i'll get this error:
Bex

Post by Bex »

@MeMeMe

The add to OK-list works for me. You do know that the feature isn't implemented in the custom search node? The reason for that is that I don't know how to deal with tag/file name changes after the track is added to a custom search OK-list.

The 8+2=16 thing can't happen. It's simply impossible, I just rechecked the code...

@Miki

I wish I could make all errors to vanish.... But I don't think you need to close MM, try to instead press esc and click somewhere else. That usually fixes them for a while.

Hmm.. line 166 is about the menu visibility.... perhaps that part needs to be investigated?

And thanks for the reports guys, they are certainly appreciated!

All My Scripts
Miki

Post by Miki »

Even tried updating to RC-3 because that fixed some Access Violation error, but no luck :(

When i press escape on that error it works, then when i do the next track it comes up again, and needs to be 'End Processed' :(
Bex

Post by Bex »

Try to go to another part of MM, e.g. location node, instead of processing next track. I've also noticed that if the now playing is empty it works better...

All My Scripts
Miki

Post by Miki »

AHA!! :)

Just transferred over 35+ tags without having to close :)
A minor annoyance - but extremely, extremely useful.

I'm using this in conjunction with the Synchronize ratings script, then am transferring across some of the tags, very very useful!

Great script, even with error.
Don't feel 100% compelled to fix it, its a small annoyance, but a very handy piece of kit :)

Will be making my re-rips very easy :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

OK, I think I've found the problem(s).
1. I removed an object which wasn't needed. It reduced a lot of errors.
2. The Access violation error seems to be caused by my sql update statement of the Date Added field (Update statements could be really tricky to get right in Jet SQL). I believe it has to do with the data type I use but I'm not sure...(what to use instead?)

Anyway, the script now works dramatically better but still causes errors when you update the dateadded info from a song down in the list and up. Strange, since the other way around works well.

Script is updated. Let me know how it works for you!

/Bex

All My Scripts