Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Well, I failed again. Other strange errors now pops up. I will remove the script for now and repost it when a proper bugfix has been done.
PM me if you want the script as is...

Sorry..
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

Good luck with the script.
Bex wrote:@MeMeMe

The add to OK-list works for me. You do know that the feature isn't implemented in the custom search node? The reason for that is that I don't know how to deal with tag/file name changes after the track is added to a custom search OK-list.
I didn't realise that - that's where I was trying to use it from, so all is well.
The 8+2=16 thing can't happen. It's simply impossible, I just rechecked the code...
That's a relief. As I said, I wasn't sure.
Miki

Post by Miki »

Thanks for having a go :)

Just got this error:

Was after doing about 25 tracks, most of them with Access Violation errors.
Bex

Post by Bex »

That shouldn't happen but simply press IGNORE on it and it will go away.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Bugfix release

After much testing I have found the cause of the drag&drop errors. It was the refreshing of the tree, which is a bit shaky used together with the drag&drop event. I have not found a 100% bugfree workaround to the problem but as it works now it's acceptable and a major enhancements compared to the last version. (If you get an error with drag&drop just press escape a couple of times.)

Btw, MM-staff is informed of the bug and I'm waiting for their reply.

Let me know if it's working OK for you!
Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

Great news.
The date in the code doesn't look like it's been updated, and should it be version 1.5 now? The last version I had was 1.4.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Fixed!

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

What to do about tracks that show up as duplicate but there only seems to be one file?

I've tried removing the files from the library and rescanning, but they still show up as duplicates but with only 1 file listed (when rescanned in).
Bex

Post by Bex »

What node? How many are they? Do only one copy show up in the expanded tree as well?
This could be an old problem that Cowboy has made an topic about...

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

They show up in the same content node and expanded:

#1 (2x) B.G. - Get Your Mind Right (0)
1. B.G. - Get Your Mind Right [Promo Only Urban Radio June]
PlayCount: 0, Added: 12/15/2006
File: Various - 2006 - Promo Only Urban Radio June - 20 - B.G. Get Your Mind Right.mp3
F:\Music\_Various\2006 - Promo Only Urban Radio June\

The added date is from removing from library and rescanning, I've had them awhile.

I don't know how long they have or haven't been in the duplicates, I just happened to notice them while having time to work on cleaning some dupes up.

What is really weird is that the whole album (promo only urban radio june) shows up as dupes with single files.

I've checked for dead links, and compacted the library multiple times with still no luck.

I just checked the database itself and the files all have different SignParts from themselves.

Further checking reveald some duplicate entries which didnt show up on dead links (probly from manually changing media id's at some point in the past but who knows).

Removing these entries and seemed to fix the problem.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Ok, then you actually have "ghost entries" of the files on that album in the db. The files only exists one time on your HD but they exists twice in the db with the exactly same path. It's on old problem which was caused by the filemonitor (I think) it also occurs if your HD has 0 as serialnumber but it was fixed in 2.5.2 or 2.5.3, I hope not this problem has returned in 2.5.5 RC2....

Anyway, to remove them you need to open up the db in access and paste this code into the sql window of a query:

Code: Select all

SELECT Songs.SongPath, Songs.ID, Songs.SongTitle, Songs.IDArtist, Songs.IDAlbum, Songs.PlayCounter, Songs.DateAdded
FROM Songs, [SELECT Songs.SongPath
FROM Songs
GROUP BY Songs.SongPath
HAVING (((Count(Songs.ID))>1))]. AS dups
WHERE (((Songs.SongPath)=[Dups].[SongPath]));
It will display all songs which exists with duplicate paths within the DB. You could just delete everything and the rescan the folder. But if the metadata and the statistic is important to you, you need to determine what is grouping the the two groups together and then delete the one you don't want.

I couldn't test this but it should work just fine. Let me know if it does!

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I tried the SQL and it appeared to find some dupe entries I wasn't aware of, but the query was read only.. I couldn't delete the records, is that to be expected?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Actually no, does this work?

Code: Select all

SELECT Songs.SongPath, Songs.ID, Songs.SongTitle, Songs.IDArtist, Songs.IDAlbum, Songs.PlayCounter, Songs.DateAdded
FROM Songs
WHERE (((Songs.SongPath) In (SELECT Songs.SongPath
FROM Songs
GROUP BY Songs.SongPath
HAVING Count(Songs.ID)>1)));
Cant test since i don't have any..

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Ooops, I had already went and manually found the tracks and cleared out the dupes so I can't really test it now either lol.
Bex

Post by Bex »

:lol: Nice to here that you don't have any left...

All My Scripts