Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated
Ver 1.6 (2006-12-17)
- All bugs with drag&drop are now fixed with a proper workaround (Thanks Jiri!)
- Removed the extension from filenames in Custom Search
- Add to OK-list now works from main window when all tracks from Same Content node
Regarding the bug in drag&drop when "refreshing the tree".
Jiri found the problem and will fix it in MM 3.0, he gave me a proper workaround so now it works just great! :D

Enjoy!
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
discostu

Post by discostu »

where can I get this script and how do I install it??? Thank you guys
pah68

Post by pah68 »

There is a link in Bex's signature.
Bex

Post by Bex »

You have to install it manually. The script with installation instructions is in the second post of this thread. Just ask again if get into any trouble. Hope you will like it.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
trizt

Automagically deleting duplicates

Post by trizt »

Hi

I'm merging my media library that is located on several machines and on CD and DVD. I have a library that is more or less sorted out, and I would like to add content from other locations to a separate directory and then run the dup analysis. The result I want is that all duplicates in the separate dup directory should be automatically tagged as duplicates (so that I can browse them easily and move them to another place or simply delete them).

I have started on a Java app that does this using the MediaMonkey database, but I'm not 100% sure that I identify all duplicates and only the duplicates. I found your script and from what I can see you simple just check that the SignPart[1-4] are the same. Is that all it takes? Where did you find this info?

Maybe you can integrate such a feature in your app. Then it would be nicely integrated. VB gives me the creeps and I'd rather stay away from it.

Thanks for a great script!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Bex wrote:Actually no, does this work?

Code: Select all

SELECT Songs.SongPath, Songs.ID, Songs.SongTitle, Songs.IDArtist, Songs.IDAlbum, Songs.PlayCounter, Songs.DateAdded
FROM Songs
WHERE (((Songs.SongPath) In (SELECT Songs.SongPath
FROM Songs
GROUP BY Songs.SongPath
HAVING Count(Songs.ID)>1)));
Cant test since i don't have any..

Tested this one out recently and had a few more show, I was able to delete the records from the query results so it seems to work.

Thanks again!
johnny_tambourine

How do I use this script?

Post by johnny_tambourine »

I am faily tech savvy but intimidated by code. Is there an installer created for this script? I tried downloading Innosetup and compiling the that's posted in the forums but always got some sort of error.

If someone could post a link to the installer for this script, or even instructions on what to do with the code for this and other scripts, I would greatly appreciate it.

The script looks fantastic. My issue is that there are duplicate tracks but I'd like to delete all duplicates - thereby saving one copy of each track but discarding 'extras - but currently I only see the option of manually clicking and selecting each unwanted track. Is there a way to automatically leave behind a copy of each track, so you don't remove them from the pc?

Post by Guest »

Bex,
Just checking out your scripts and this one helped me a lot to transfer my playcount/playhistory from the dups i delete to the one i keep just fine.

Thanks for this unique functionality!!
MeMeMe

Re: How do I use this script?

Post by MeMeMe »

johnny_tambourine wrote: If someone could post a link to the installer for this script, or even instructions on what to do with the code for this and other scripts, I would greatly appreciate it.
The second post in this thread has a load of code. select that, copy it and paste it into a new text file.
Save this Text File in your MediaMonkey*\Scripts\Auto folder with the name "AdvancedDupFix.vbs" or something similar (the only important bit is the ".vbs" at the end).

Then restart MediaMonkey and it'll be there.
*The full path is probably:
C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

The script looks fantastic. My issue is that there are duplicate tracks but I'd like to delete all duplicates - thereby saving one copy of each track but discarding 'extras - but currently I only see the option of manually clicking and selecting each unwanted track. Is there a way to automatically leave behind a copy of each track, so you don't remove them from the pc?
With this script, you can find all the duplicates of a given file and have them show in a window, where you can select all but one and delete them.
But I believe you can do that with the standard MediaMonkey.
The real benefit of this script is the ability to copy information on when and how often a track has been played from the duplicates to the one you plan to keep.
I use this quite often when I rip a higher quality version of a track, and copy the play information from the lower quality one before deleting it.
Maaspuck

Installing problems

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi Bex and all others,

this script seems to be great and is exactly what I have been looking for. But unfortunately is doesn't seem to work on my computer.

I copied the source code to file named "AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs" in my program folder "F:\Programme\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto" and ran the MediaMonkey (version 2.5.4.978)... and nothing happened. I didn't get any new script in the "tools/scripts" menu or anywhere else.

The I changed the "scripts.ini" manually with the following part:

[AdvancedDuplicateFindFix]
FileName=AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.vbs
ProcName=AdvancedDuplicateFindFix
Order=40
DisplayName=Find duplicate files...
Description=Find duplicate files...
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0

Now I got an entry in the corresponding menu but after starting the script I just got an error-message "Error #13" in line 1, column 0.

Do you think this could be a translation problem, because I am using a german language file on a german Windows. But usually I think that object.names and other names used in scripts should remain the same when using different languages in the user interface.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this issue?

Thanks for answering

Maaspuck
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

Hi, Maaspuck.
You should remove the stuff from the Script.ini file - this is a script that doesn't need anything added there.
Instead, when Mediamonkey starts, look to the Navigation Tree section on the left, and open the Library Node.
Open the Files To Edit Node.
At the bottom of the list is the Advanced Dup" node.
Maaspuck

I found it

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi MeMeMe,

thx a lot for your answer. I found the node and the script is working now. Also, I entered the wrong ProcName in the ini-file, so the MediaMonkey found the vbs-file but not the entry point within that file.

But as you said, I deleted the part in the ini-file now.

Bye

Maaspuck
Bex

Re: Automagically deleting duplicates

Post by Bex »

trizt wrote:Hi

I'm merging my media library that is located on several machines and on CD and DVD. I have a library that is more or less sorted out, and I would like to add content from other locations to a separate directory and then run the dup analysis. The result I want is that all duplicates in the separate dup directory should be automatically tagged as duplicates (so that I can browse them easily and move them to another place or simply delete them).

I have started on a Java app that does this using the MediaMonkey database, but I'm not 100% sure that I identify all duplicates and only the duplicates. I found your script and from what I can see you simple just check that the SignPart[1-4] are the same. Is that all it takes? Where did you find this info?

Maybe you can integrate such a feature in your app. Then it would be nicely integrated. VB gives me the creeps and I'd rather stay away from it.

Thanks for a great script!
Hi trizt,

What you could do to find dups you add from other places into special locations, is this:
1. Expand the same content node
2. Click on the Same Content node so all tracks are added to the main window.
3. Sort on Path and select all tracks in the special locations and mass edit Custom1 to DUPS or similar.
4. Now you have all your newly added dups tagged as dups.

Regarding signpart1-4, I just looked in the DB and figured that was the way to go and it was, since MM's Duplicate Content node give the exact same result.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

@Teknojnky
Thanks!

@Guest
Thanks, glad you liked it.

@johnny_tambourine
Did you succeed to install the script?

@Maaspuck
Glad you sorted it out. Hope you enjoy the script,

@MeMeMe
Thanks for your excellent explanations!

All My Scripts
tableguy

very nice script...

Post by tableguy »

was wondering if a node could be added to show only those titles that appear only once?