Automatic pause or mute?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

stealth

Automatic pause or mute?

Post by stealth »

I took a look around for this but there are just to many pages to go through them all :D what i am looking for is a script that will automatically pause or mute MM if another audio source is introduced, in my case Firefox. i am looking for this because i do a lot of youtube Google video etc. surfing but i like to play music while looking around for another video but then you have to go back and forth between them to pause/unpause the music. i know thats not the end of the world or anything but if it can be done it be really cool. thanks for your help 8)
Bex

Post by Bex »

To my knowledge there's no script which does that, Peke has made a plugin which pauses MM on incomming calls from Skype.

But if you have Firefox try the extension Foxytunes which gives you controls to MM while browsing. Then it's really easy to pause MM. Works great for me!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

a script that will automatically pause or mute MM if another audio source is introduced
Wow, this would be cool!

This can probably be done with DirectSound, with a plugin that monitors other channels for audio. If there's other audio, with volume level greater than X1 (don't bother very soft audio), for longer than X2 seconds (to prevent pause by system sounds), then pause MediaMonkey playback.

This would mean automaticly pause MM when testing a music file in Winamp, starting a piece of video, watching a movie, ... :)
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Martin Schoenmakers

Re: Automatic pause or mute?

Post by Martin Schoenmakers »

I found a solution for this, a program called "mute.fm": http://www.mutefm.com.
It works well on my PC Win 7(64).

Sadly, it only mutes. But I would love it to PAUSE. (It can do that for many other players, but out-of-the-box not for MM.)
Anyone knows a way to interact with MM to pause it, through a DOS command or JavaScript command ?
MM Gold / Windows 7(64)
sync with MotoG(5) / Android 7.0